This article gives an overview of the different elements concerning posting positions via Personio on LinkedIn. You can choose to promote a position on LinkedIn via Multiposting or via free Auto-posting. Learn more about the differences of these postings in Organic vs. Premium reach.
LinkedIn posting design
Like most external job boards, LinkedIn has its own posting design, which cannot be changed. The information that is transmitted from Personio to LinkedIn is only text and logo.
The text that is transmitted to LinkedIn comes from the position's Description tab and from the About us section. The different fields of the Description tab, and the content in the About us section, are configured in the Career Page Settings (Settings > Recruiting > Recruiting > Career page). Learn more about Transferring Data to External Job Boards via the Promote Function.
The field About us in the Personio settings is always displayed first in the design of the posting and will appear as Company Description.
How to link the posting to the company's LinkedIn profile
To link your LinkedIn postings to your company's LinkedIn profile, you need to follow these steps:
You have to enter your LinkedIn Company ID when using Auto-posting. If not, the posting will not be published on LinkedIn.
- Get your LinkedIn Company ID.
- Then, navigate to Settings > Recruiting > Recruiting > Promotion.
- In the section Job board settings, insert your LinkedIn Company ID.
- Click Apply changes.
Organic reach vs. premium reach
The reach, or number of clicks that your posting receives, differs between a position promoted on LinkedIn via Multiposting, and one promoted via Auto-posting.
This feature provides postings with organic reach. These free posts on LinkedIn will get fewer clicks as they will naturally reduce in visibility over time on the job board.
|As this feature is paid, postings will have premium reach. LinkedIn will promote these postings more actively via paid campaigns to reach more users. A higher budget leads to a higher traction.|
- Personio does not yet support LinkedIn Apply.
- LinkedIn Recruiter is not directly supported, but Personio supports LinkedIn Jobslots. You can store your Jobslots like a frame contract in Personio.
- Personio does not support LinkedIn Recruiter Lite.
Use case: Positions for remote work
If you want to promote a position that is open for remote work, you need to create an Office that is called Remote. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Organization > Offices.
- In the New offices field, insert Remote.
- Then click Plus . The metadata of the position will then show the location as Remote.
- In the fields City, State and Country, insert Remote.
Note: In Germany, each office must have a valid zip code (we recommend adding the zip code of your Headquarters).
The same workaround applies for Hybrid locations. Create an Office called Hybrid and insert Hybrid also in the City field.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Navigate to Recruiting > Positions, and click on your position.
- Then click on Channel, and select LinkedIn, to filter the Application list by applications received via LinkedIn.
In your LinkedIn posting, you can see underneath the position title how many applications have been made via LinkedIn. However, this number only represents how many users have clicked on Apply. This is not representative of the actual number of applications received through the channel.