This article gives you an overview of the various functions available in the application.
Personio automatically generates an application profile for all online applications you receive, and assigns them to the respective positions. Applications can also be generated manually. Just go to Recruiting > Applications > Create application. Learn How to Transfer Applications into the Personio Recruiting Tool.
All applications are then directly accessible from the position. Click on a candidate’s name to open the respective application. Navigate directly to the various sections within the profile to manage these.
If a candidate applies for several positions, separate profiles are created for each. Personio marks each of these profiles accordingly and creates links between them.
Overview: The Overview contains a summary of all processes which have taken place since the application was received, including all status changes and feedback comments received.
Profile: The Profile tab contains the sections Candidate Information and Documents.
▶︎ The Candidate Information includes all the details you have previously requested via the application form. It contains the Candidate attributes that you have added under Settings > Recruiting > Attributes. Some attributes are predefined, but you also have the option to create custom attributes for maintaining candidate information, which you can enter manually or collect directly via the application form. To edit the information in the profile, use the pencil icon. Click on More Information to also edit your custom candidate attributes.
You can assign separate access rights for the Candidate Profile and HR information and distribute custom candidate attributes accordingly. Learn more about Best Practice: Recruiting Roles.
▶︎ The Documents section contains all application files received as attachments to emails, via the online application form, or that you have uploaded directly to the application. You can directly see for which document categories files exist and get a preview of the respective document. Click on the arrow buttons above the preview window to switch between the individual documents within a document category. You can also download the documents or open them as a preview in a new browser tab.
To upload more documents or delete files, click on the pencil icon. You can upload documents individually or in bulk by clicking or using the drag & drop function. Lastly, you can then assign the appropriate document category to each document.
Creating an Offer in Personio and setting up an employee profile.
- Interviews: In the Interview tab, you can schedule interviews and store them directly in Personio. All participants receive an email invitation to the interview if the relevant option is activated in the general recruiting settings. You can optionally link the interview to an evaluation form to collect feedback on the candidate from all participants after the interview. Learn more about Step 3: Generating Recruiting Interviews.
Messages: Click on the Messages tab to communicate with candidates by email. Here, you will find the entire message history and can write and send new emails to the candidate. Incoming emails are automatically assigned based on the email address, and are included in the message history of the corresponding application. If necessary, messages can be manually assigned to another profile using the button with the three dots. If there is a new, unread message, a blue dot appears in both, the application and the application list. If the appropriate settings have been set for your recruiting role, you will also receive an email notification about the new message.
Note If a message was accidentally assigned incorrectly, it can be manually assigned to another application using the button with the three dots. The message retains its original processing status: If the to-do was still open, the email also appears in the new profile with a blue dot. If the to-do was already closed, the email is placed in the message history without any special marking.
If your account has the Productivity-Plus package extension, you can use email templates to write messages, and can schedule the sending of messages. Learn more on How to send recruiting messages.
If an existing candidate’s email address changes, their incoming messages are filed under Unassigned messages, where they can be assigned to the respective profile by clicking on Assign, then select a candidate from the list and Confirm. Messages received from candidates who have already been accepted or rejected are also stored in this folder.
- Evaluations: Personio allows you to create standardized evaluation forms to collect structured feedback from all employees involved in the interview process. The tab also provides an overview of all evaluations produced to date.
Comments: Use the Comments option for internal communications or to store review comments. Depending on your settings, you receive an email notification every time a comment is entered. Unread comments also appear in the overview of open to-dos in the job overview.
Offer: If the candidate has convinced you during the whole application process, you can manage the offer creation in Personio in the next step. To do this, click on Offer, and generate a new contract offer with or without a draft contract from a template. Learn more on Creating an Offer in Personio.
Once you have reached an agreement with the candidate and have accepted them, an employee profile will be created automatically. This profile remains linked to the application and the saved candidate documents are created directly in the Documents section of the new employee profile under the category Application documents.
- Access: In the access tab, you can see at a glance the people responsible for the position as defined in the position's Details. You can also give other employees access to the application. Learn more about Using Recruiting Roles to Grant Employees Access to Applications.
- Add tag: Click Add tag to tag applications, for instance to mark referrals of existing employees. Tags will also allow you to identify specific candidate groups in the Application list. Learn more about Managing Application Tags.
- Mark with flag: You can use a flag to mark top candidates that you want to highlight. You can also filter the application list accordingly or sort it using the Priority column.
View job details: This link takes you to the detail page of the posting. For example, shortly before an interview, you can check the planned start date or the requirements for the vacant position again and compare these with the application.
The link only appears to employees who are assigned a recruiting role that has at least the right to view positions.
- Documents: You can use this button to open and download all documents stored in the application at once.
Feedback: Under Request feedback, you have the possibility to request an informal feedback comment from a colleague, e.g., with the request to check the CV in advance. You can add a description of any length to the request. Afterwards, you will find all feedback entries on the candidate under the tab Comments. Alternatively, you can select an evaluation form to be filled out for the candidate, the results will then appear in the Evaluations tab.
In addition to the task in the dashboard and the overview in the application, feedback requests are also displayed directly in the respective tab (Evaluations or Comments) for the feedback provider. As soon as the evaluation has been submitted, the task is considered completed.
Action button: Use the button to perform one of these functions:
Application stage: This button shows the current recruiting stage the candidate is in. You can use Move To, to let the candidate continue the recruiting process. Click here to find out how to create recruiting stages in Personio.
- Disqualify: You can click on Disqualify to terminate a candidate’s application at any time, either because they withdrew their application, or because your company decided to reject them.
- Arrow buttons: Use the arrows to switch between the applications within the selected position and application stage.
- Copy application link: You can use the Copy application link button to copy the URL of the application to your clipboard. You can then send the link to your colleagues, for example, who have access to this application.