We are updating our Help Center articles to reflect changes to Personio that improve the user experience. As these changes will be released gradually, you may notice differences between the article content and your Personio application during this update process.
This article explains how to create a new job that you can then publish on the Personio career page or promote via Personio's Promote feature.
What is a job?
In the Personio recruiting section, the term Job refers to a vacancy that contains a description of the open vacancy and the necessary translations of this description. A job in Personio can be advertised either on the Personio career page or on external job boards, so that candidates can apply for them.
The job is the focal point of all recruiting activities related to it. You can view these recruiting activities under the job's Details tab and in recruiting reports such as the Application Process System Report.
Create or duplicate a job
To create a job, you can either create an entirely new job, or simply duplicate an existing job.
Create a new job
To create a new job, follow these steps:
Navigate to Recruiting > Jobs.
Click on Create job and enter the job title, select the desired start date and, optionally, enter an opening title.
Click Next, and select the required information from the different drop-down menus. Then click Next.
▶︎ All fields that are not marked as optional have to be filled in before you can publish the job.
▶︎ You can post your job in several locations by selecting multiple offices.
- In Job description, add your job name and fill in the description of the job. You will be prompted to select the default language in which the description should be displayed on the Personio career page. Learn more on how to write a good job description.
- If you prefer not to include all the job description fields in your posting, simply leave the fields blank that are not mandatory and that you don't require.
The About us section is added by default to every job. To edit this section, go to Settings > Recruiting > Recruiting > Career page > Translations.
- You can also add translations by clicking on Manage languages. The language will only become available on the Personio career page if a translation was provided for all required job description fields. Learn more about Personio Career Page: Language Handling.
- Click Next. In Hiring Plan, add the employees who will take part of the hiring process. Select the individuals to add and their roles in the two dropdown menus.
- Click Next. In Promotion, click on Publish to preview your article and see on which job boards your job will be published via auto-posting. Click Publish to publish your job on the Personio career page.
If you delete the text from the job's Description tab, the status of the job will change to Draft, and it will no longer appear on your Personio career page.
Duplicate a job
If you duplicate a job, all the associated information including meta-information, openings, hiring team, job descriptions, and their translations is automatically added to the new job.
To duplicate a job, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Recruiting > Jobs.
- Scroll to the job that you want to duplicate, and click on its title.
- In the top-right corner of the job, click on Job actions and select Duplicate job.
- Now you can edit the job's description as explained above from step 4 onwards.
Promote a job
After you have published a job, you can promote the job on external job boards via the Promote feature or Auto-posting. Click on Go to promotion to see the different options provided by Personio. For more information about promoting jobs on external job boards, read:
Tracking links help you to track jobs and analyze which channels candidates used to apply for a job. Jobs that are posted on the Personio career page, automatically track candidate responses and no further settings are necessary. All applications received via your Personio career page will show in the candidate profile Personio career page as the Channel.
In case you want to promote your job in external channels without using Personio's Promote feature, learn how to Use Tracking Links for External Recruiting Channels.