In this article, you will learn which steps you as an accountant need to take to set up and authorize the DATEV integration for your clients. We will also take you through an example process for the first payroll month.
If you have any questions or require support with regards to ordering or setup of the payroll programs, you can book a free, short-term appointment with the DATEV-Partner-Onboarding-Team.
Setting Up the DATEV Integration
Once your client has ordered the integration from Personio, you need to do the following steps in order to book services for DATEV LODAS or Lohn & Gehalt:
1. DATEV product order
- Open the client overview in DATEV
- Start the MyDATEV client registration
- Log in via SmartCard or SmartLogin
- Product: Order the Lohnimportdatenservice
- Product: Order the Lohnauswertungsdatenservice
- Register client or add new client
- Complete the order
Detailed instructions on the process in DATEV can be found in this article in the DATEV Help Center: Order and set up DATEV cloud solutions for clients via myDATEV client registration
2. Activate advisor/accountant access
- Open access management online
- Open the Employee tab
- Select employee and SmartCard
Note: If you would like to set up the Lohnimportdatenservice and are using a communication server (DFÜ Profile in the network), additional rights must be activated for DATEV-User.
- Select Lohnimportdatenservice and Lohnauswertungsdatenservice and add the access authorization
- Enter advisor and tenant ID
Detailed instructions on the process in DATEV can be found in these articles in the DATEV Help Center: Use wage import data service as an online API interface for human resources management, use wage evaluation data service as an online API interface for human resources management , information on the assignment of rights for using the payroll analysis data service
3. Authorization in Personio
This step must be carried out by your clients. The article Authorization of DATEV data services explains how they can proceed. To do this, provide your client with the advisor and client number.
4. Support during data reconciliation
Help your client harmonize the data between DATEV and Personio (for example, with DALY export)
Further information on prerequisites and steps for self-booking clients is available in the following article in the DATEV Help Center: MyDATEV Mandantenregistrierung für Unternehmen: DATEV-Cloud-Anwendungen selbst in Betrieb nehmen (Running DATEV Cloud Applications Yourself).
The First Payroll Month with DATEV and Personio
If the data has not been reconciled between DATEV and Personio by the end of the setup process, please do so together with your client before the first payroll month and update the data in each system as necessary.
- Setting up external account access: Ideally, your client sets you up in Personio as an external employee and grants you access rights in line with the article for all payroll-relevant areas in Personio.This allows you to review the data during the month and to make any necessary adjustments directly.
Data transfer and preparing the payroll: The employee master data and fixed salaries (DATEV LODAS only) are transferred via the Lohnimportdatenservice directly from Personio to the DATEV data center and then uploaded by you in DATEV. You can obtain further payroll-relevant data from the preliminary payroll and/or the DATEV export. Either import this, or adjust the data manually in DATEV.
Tip: Details on how to feed the ASCII file into DATEV are available in the DATEV Help Center: for LODAS in document LODAS ASCII-Import (Fenster); and for Lohn und Gehalt under Datei aus dem Rechenzentrum zum Import auswählen (Selecting a file from the data center for import).
Carrying out the payroll: Do the payroll in DATEV as per usual.
- Upload of payroll-relevant documents: Once the payroll has been completed in DATEV and the payslips and all other payroll-relevant documents are available (if applicable, after a five-day lockout period), your client will be able to import these documents from DATEV to Personio and into the respective employee profiles via the Lohnauswertungsdatenservice.
Example of a monthly payroll process
The following graphic is a simplified illustration of the monthly payroll process. It will provide a clear and easy-to-follow overview of the essential steps and how they are connected.