This article explains how to send an employment offer with a contract to a successful candidate as part of the recruitment process and request the necessary signatures from all parties electronically. To initiate the e-signature process, use contract templates with placeholders for the signatures.
Creating a Document Template with Signature Placeholders
The first step for using e-signatures in recruiting is to create a suitable contract template with the corresponding placeholders. Use placeholders to define where signatures need to go and in what sequence they need to be provided. Find out how to do this in this article. The article also contains information about how to incorporate placeholders for the location and date of digital signatures into a contract offer.
Please note that the template must always be stored in Settings > Documents using the Work contracts document category.
Sending Out an Employment Offer with an E-Signature
If you'd like to send an offer to a successful candidate, you can request electronic signatures from internal employees as well as from the candidate as part of your offer process.
Do the following to request these signatures:
- Navigate to Recruiting > Candidate profile > Offers > Create an offer > Create an offer with a contract. Select a template with signature placeholders.
- Next, fill in the other placeholders within the document. Once you have saved the offer, you can send it to the candidate.
- To request e-signatures, click on Send contract with e-signature.
- The sequence in which the various signatories are requested to provide their e-signatures is predefined for each template in Settings > Documents. Select the candidate and any responsible employees who need to sign the document. The candidate must always be defined as one of the signatories. You need to assign the required signatories manually to the signature placeholders. This is not done automatically by naming (adding designations to) the placeholders. Designations merely serve as indicators of who needs to sign a document where. You may add a note for the signatories in the Comment field. This will be included in the email request for their signature.
- Start the signature process by clicking on Send offer.
Please note that neither the email request nor the comment will be stored under the Messages tab in the candidate profile.
See this article to learn more about creating, editing and managing employment offers in Personio.
Signing the Contract Digitally
Once you have clicked on Send offer, the process of requesting signatures from the various parties is launched. The offer status in the candidate profile changes from Created to Pending. You can check View offer to see where the process is at and whether any signatures are still outstanding.
Read this article for more detailed information about the process of obtaining electronic signatures from all parties involved.
Please note that the person requesting the signatures will not be notified about the status of the e-signatures unless they are also a signatory. This information is only available under the Offer tab in the candidate profile.
E-Signatures Webinar (German only)
Can't find what you're looking for?
We are happy to help you! Just write us a message with your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a request