This article focuses on workflows. You can start to create and monitor all your workflows from the Workflow Hub.
This article explains how to keep track of all your open electronic signatures from both the Workflow Hub and the Workflow Dashboard widget.
It also explains how to keep track of your monthly signature contingent — the number of signatures you have left each month according to your Personio plan.
The Workflow Hub and the Workflow Dashboard widget are both visible to admins and to employees with the corresponding access rights.
However, the Active Signatures widget test present in both is only visible to admins and with the Productivity Plus Add-On.
Pending signatures on the Workflow Dashboard Widget
The Workflow Dashboard widget shows you the total number of signature requests that are still pending. Pending requests do not include those that have been signed or declined and those that could not be delivered successfully due to an invalid email address.
Click on the signatures section or on the Go to Workflow Hub option to navigate to the Workflow Hub, where you'll find a more detailed view of the signature workflow.
Active Signatures Widget on the Workflow Hub
The Workflow Hub allows you to closely monitor your signature workflow as well as some other workflows available in Personio.
The Workflow Hub includes all open signature requests made within your company. The open electronic signatures are those that have not expired yet — those that are either pending, signed or declined, and also those that could not be delivered successfully due to an invalid email address.
Navigate to the Active Signatures widget and:
- click on the See all Signatures option to access the Signature Overview page.
- click on the document name to download the document containing an open signature.
- click on the signee name to navigate to the signee's employee profile.
A request for an electronic signature expires four weeks after the date of the request if one of the signatories fails to complete the digital signing process. Once this period has expired, the document can no longer be signed. The expired signature requests are not displayed in the Workflow Hub.
The Signatures Overview page shows the details of all requested electronic signatures and their status. It also shows how much of your monthly signature contingent you have already used. You can filter the view by status and sender. Edit the preset filter to access details on documents.
The following information is available in the overview:
- Sender: This is the employee who has sent the request for the electronic signature.
- Signers: This is/these are the person(s) who need to sign the document. You can also see the status of signatories' individual signatures.
- Document: Click on the document name to get a preview of the file. You'll initially see the version that was originally sent out. Once a document has been signed by all signatories, you can download the signed PDF file here.
- Request date: This is the date on which the sender requested that the signatory/signatories sign the document.
- Expiration date: This is the date on which the signature request will expire. Signatories will no longer be able to finalize the signature process after this date.
- Document status: This is the status of the overall document. Once a signature has been requested, the document status is set to Pending. Once all parties involved have signed the document, the status is updated to Signed. If the signing process is not completed within a period of four weeks, the document status changes to Expired.
- Actions: Click on the three dots to download the document or its audit trail.
What Is the Audit Trail?
The audit trail is provided by our partner, SignatureIT. It is a document that stores all electronic verification data generated throughout the signature process. This trail serves as evidence of a document's integrity. For more information about the audit trail provided by SignatureIT, read this Help Center article or visit the SignatureIT website.