In this article you will learn about the Workflow Hub, and how it can help you manage the different workflows currently available in Personio.
What is the Workflow Hub?
The Workflow Hub gives you an overview of all the workflows currently available in Personio. Workflows consist of a sequence of steps designed to automate certain procedures that repeat over time, and they often involve different departments across the company (such as HR and IT).
The Workflow Hub allows you to monitor these workflows and to quickly detect any overdue tasks and potential bottlenecks ahead of time. The Workflow Hub consists of different widgets for each workflow available in Personio: Onboarding, Offboarding, Approvals and electronic signatures.
You can access the Workflow Hub at any time while using Personio by clicking on the icon in the side menu, or directly from the Workflow Dashboard widget.
The Workflow Hub and its widget are only visible to admins and employees that have been granted viewing rights for the Workflow Overview subsection. Learn more about how to grant access rights.
What are the Different Sections in the Workflow Hub?
Onboarding and Offboarding Widgets
The On-/Offboarding widgets give you an overview of all the active onboarding and offboarding paths across all employees. That includes those that are overdue (that include a delayed on-/offboarding step) and those that are on track (that do not include any delayed on-/offboarding steps).
This enables you to quickly detect any on-/offboarding paths that are not progressing normally due to overdue steps, and contact the employee responsible for that step to get further information.
These widgets also allow you to:
- Access a more detailed view of all the employees currently enrolled in an on-/offboarding path by clicking on See all onboarding employees.
- Access the settings area to manage your on-/offboarding templates by clicking on the gear icon located in the top-right corner (only visible to admins).
- Add Marketplace integrations to your On-/Offboarding workflows by clicking on the lightening icon in the top-right corner. This allows you to automate the process of granting users access to tools.
Approval Requests Widget
The Approval requests widget gives you an overview of all open approval requests across all employees set up as approvers. That includes those that are overdue (that have been pending for longer than 7 days), and also the ones on track (the ones that have been pending for less than 7 days).
This way, you can quickly detect any overdue approval request, and contact the main approver to get further information.
The widget also allows you to:
- Access to a more detailed view of all the open approval requests by clicking on See all approvals or by clicking on the respective area in the graph.
- Access the settings area to manage your approval rulesets by clicking on the gear icon located in the top-right corner (only visible to admins).
Active Signatures Widget
The Active signatures widget gives you an overview of all the open signature requests across all employees. That includes those that have already been signed, those that have been declined, those that are still pending and those that could not be successfully delivered due to an invalid email address.
This way, you can quickly detect any overdue signature request and contact the signee to get further information, or to quickly troubleshoot any failed signature request.
The widget also allows you to:
- Access to a more detailed view of all the open signature requests by clicking on See all Signatures.
- Download the document containing an open signature by clicking on the document name.
- Navigate to the signee's employee profile by clicking on the signee name.
- Access the settings area to manage your document templates by clicking on the gear icon located in the top-right corner (only visible to admins).
- Keep better track of all the signatures included in your Personio plan.
The Active signatures widget is also only visible to admins in both the Workflow Hub and the Workflow Dashboard widget.