This article explains how you can define recruiting roles to involve individual employees in the recruiting process. Recruiting roles allow you to group employees to allow them access to specific areas of the recruiting section only. You can also set up notifications for each role.
If employees need access to the entire recruiting section, go to the employee management section. Click on Settings > Employee roles > Access rights > Recruiting and assign them viewing or editing rights.
Creating Recruiting Roles
Go to Settings > Recruiting > Roles and define any number of recruiting roles by clicking on the Add new recruiting role input box.
First, go to Notifications for to define the events that employees assigned a particular role will receive email notifications for:
- New application: New applications received for assigned job openings.
- New message: New messages received for assigned applicants.
- New note: New notes added to assigned applicants.
- New review: New reviews received in response to requests for feedback initiated by the respective employee.
- New evaluation: New evaluations added for assigned applicants.
Include employees in recruiting roles even if their employee roles already give them access to the entire recruiting section. This ensures that these employees will receive all notifications you have set.
Configure access rights to ensure that your employees will only be able to view or edit those recruiting sections and applicant data in Personio that they are meant to see.
As administrator, you are able to log in to Personio as any employee to verify the access rights you have configured for them. To do this, go to the respective employee's profile and click on the Login as this employee icon in the top right of the screen.
Define the required access right restrictions for each employee role:
- View: This access right enables employees to view the data of assigned job openings and applicants.
- Edit: This access right enables employees to edit the data of assigned job openings and applicants.
Assign separate access rights for the Profile and HR information sections within an applicant profile. This ensures that you are able to actively involve employees in the application process without giving them access to sensitive applicant data such as expected salaries.
Access to Applications
Personio offers two ways of integrating employees in the recruitment process through the allocation of a recruiting role. You can grant access either to the whole job opening, or only to individual applications within the opening.
1. Access to entire job ads
Open a job opening and go to View job details. Under Responsibles, select one or more employees and assign an appropriate recruiting role to each of them. Depending on the access rights they are granted, the employees will be able to access the position in different ways.
All of the responsible persons and their access rights are displayed in the detail view.
2. Access to individual applicant profiles
If you don't want to define employees as responsible persons for all of the job openings, you also have the option to grant a recruiting role access to selected applicant profiles. This is done with the functions Add interview and Request review.
- Add interviews: Go to the applicant profile, click on the Interviews tab and create an interview. Select the relevant employees via the Add participants function and assign appropriate recruiting roles.
- Request review: Go to the applicant profile and select "Request review." Define the employees you want to provide feedback and assign them relevant recruiting roles.
To find best-practice examples for configuring recruiting roles, please click here.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We are happy to help you! Just write us a message with your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a request