This article explains how you can schedule and manage candidate interviews within Personio, so that all internal participants receive a direct invitation from your account. In case you are using a calendar integration (with Google Calendar, Microsoft Office 365, etc.) to find suitable time slots for interviewers, have a look at our article Schedule interviews using the integrated calendar.
Create an interview
If a suitable candidate has applied for a job vacancy, you can create and manage your interviews directly in Personio. To do so, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Recruiting > Applications.
- Enter the candidate's profile and click on the Interview tab.
- Select New interview and choose an interview type.
For more information on how to create different interview types, have a look here.
- Select the participants (interviewers and organizer).
Note Although the organizer does not necessarily have to participate in the interview, they must already be defined as the person responsible for the position. Each participant needs to be assigned a recruiting role to define the rights they are granted by being invited to the interview. Click here to find out how to configure recruiting roles.
- Now add the Duration, Date, and Start time of the interview, and optionally select an Interview method (In-person, or Telephone), a Room and Location where the interview will take place.
- In case you have configured evaluation forms, you can select one from the drop-down menu. The interviewer will then receive a notification via email, and a task on their Dashboard the day of the interview.
- Optionally, you can set up a reminder for the interviewers to receive automatic email notifications to remind them of this task, e.g., every 2 days until they complete the form.
- Once the interview is scheduled, you can send the invitation to the candidate. Learn more about How to send recruiting messages.
The organizer and interview attendees will receive an invitation (.ics file) in their calendars. In case the organizer will not attend the interview, they will need to decline this invitation to avoid blocking their calendar.
The scheduled interview will appear in the Interview tab, containing one of the following status, depending on the date of the interview:
- Scheduled (date of the interview lies in the future)
- Completed (date of the interview lies in the past)
- Cancelled (if the interview has been cancelled)
An icon will indicate the Interview method (phone, in-person). The time of the interview will be based on the host's timezone, and the timezone will be indicated in brackets next to it. To send the invitation to the candidate, click Email invite to candidate. To cancel the interview, click Cancel this interview. Interviewers and candidate will be informed of the cancellation. To edit the interview, for example to reschedule it, click on the Pencil icon.