Your hostname is part of your company’s Personio URL, and you need it to log into your personal account. The hostname appears in any URL while you’re logged into Personio. For example: hostname.personio.de.
This article explain how to find your hostname, and what to consider before requesting to change it.
Find your hostname
To find out your company’s hostname, follow these steps:
- Ask a colleague that’s currently logged in to copy and paste any URL they see while logged in.
- If that’s not an option, open the inbox of the email you use to log into Personio.
- Look for an email called "Welcome to your Personio account", sent by firstname.lastname@example.org. Check your spam and junk folders, too.
- The URL at the bottom of the welcome email contains your hostname. For example: https://hostname.personio.de/login/invite/22131821419/OHfg43P4jhX
- If you don’t have the email, reach out to your company’s HR team.
Change your hostname
Our Support Team can change your hostname for you. Contact our Support Team via Help in your Personio account. Your new hostname must:
- Be between 3-20 characters.
- Include your company name.
- Only contain letters A-Z and numbers from 0-9.
Changing the hostname will impact the following areas of your account:
- The login for your employees
- The connection set up for your Personio Career page (Recruiting)
- The links used for job postings on external job boards (Recruiting)
- Email settings for candidate communication (Recruiting)
- Personio Conversations
Employee login and authentication
With a hostname change, the login link for your employees will change to https://newhostname.personio.de.
if you are using user authentication via OAuth2, update the routing to your new Callback URI. You can find this in Settings > Integrations > Authentication > OAuth 2.0
Personio Career page
With a hostname change, the URL of your Personio Career page will change. Depending on the way you integrated your career page with Personio, check the following:
|you integrated a Personio Career Page via a link,
|update the link.
|you integrated jobs from Personio into your company website via XML,
|revise the setup, as XML Feed url will also change.
|you integrated a Personio Career page via iframe,
|adjust the iframe integration accordingly and update all its links.
|you are using the Personio Recruiting API, and you use your own application form,
|update the interface, as you are importing candidate data via API.
Job postings on external job boards (Recruiting)
With a hostname change, the URL of your Personio Career page and respective links will change. Check the following:
|you have published jobs on external job portals using the multiposting feature,
|communicate the new application form link for your jobs to the job portals, so that candidates are redirected to the correct page.
|you have used tracking links for external recruiting channels,
|adjust the stored Tracking link, so that candidates are still directed to the application form.
Email settings for candidate communication (Recruiting)
With a hostname change, the inbound email address for your Recruiting Inbox will change. Check the following email settings:
|you have set up an automatic redirection from your company email account to your Personio inbox,
|change the redirection so that inbound messages still reach your Personio Inbound email address. You can find this under Settings > Recruiting > Recruiting > General > Recruiting email settings.
|you have set up the connection to the SMTP Server,
|ask your IT department to check and adjust the setup.
With a hostname change, the following items do not change automatically to reflect the new hostname:
- The hostname in Conversations
- Your team email addresses in Conversations
You need to take action manually:
|you want to change the hostname in Conversations,
|inform our Support Team when you're requesting to change the hostname.
|you want to update your team email addresses in Conversations,
|you want to update your team email addresses in Conversations and you have set up email forwarding,
|update the forwarding address to the new team email address. This is an important step in ensuring that you receive your new employee requests. Existing requests that were previously sent to the old team email addresses are unaffected.