This article explains how you can activate that employees can sign themselves up for training sessions, and how this self enrollment functionality in Personio works.
Only Administrators and employees with edit rights for the Training section in the Performance & Development area can enable self enrollment.
What is Self Enrollment for Training Sessions?
The self enrollment functionality in Personio allows employees to actively participate in training management by choosing the training sessions they want to join.
Under Performance & Development > Training, the functionality is as follows:
- The Administrator or an employee with edit rights in the Training section opens a training session to self enrollment.
- After the self enrollment option is enabled, the session appears in the employees' Course catalog tab.
- Employees enroll by clicking the Sign up button. The session then appears in their Planned courses tab. They are added to the session's list of participants and their attendance status is set to Accepted.
How to Enable Self Enrollment
You can enable or disable self enrollment at any time, for upcoming sessions only. The option is not available for canceled or past sessions.
To enable self enrollment for a training session, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Performance & Development > Training.
- Under Course catalog, click on the relevant course, and click on the session you want to enable self enrollment for.
- A page displays that shows the details of the training session. In the top-right corner, click on the toggle Allow employees to sign up.
The session will now be available to all employees for self enrollment, and they can access it in their Course catalog tab.
- Manage Training Courses and Sessions
- Add Training Courses and Sessions in Personio
- The Performance & Development area in Personio