This article provides an overview of the Performance & Development area in Personio.
To read more about Performance Management and how it can support the retention of talent, visit our website and read our Attraction Plus Whitepaper or take a look at our Performance Management Guide.
What is the Performance & Development Area in Personio?
In the Performance & Development area in Personio, you can access comprehensive performance management and training management functionalities:
- Automated Performance Review Cycles: Create and trigger standardized performance review cycles across the organization using the Performance Review Cycle Builder and enable employees and supervisors to manage tasks such as creating, organizing and sending feedback autonomously.
- 360° Feedback (Upward, Peer, Manager, and Self Reviews): Collect feedback from employees, peers, and supervisors across the organization for more balanced performance reviews and gain improved visibility of employee progress. Enable employees to complete self-reflections.
- Centralized Training Management: Create training courses and training sessions, enroll employees in training sessions, and track employee attendance in one location.
To access the Performance & Development area, click on Performance & Development on the main navigation bar in Personio. Alternatively, go to Performance & Development > Feedback, Performance & Development > Cycles, and Performance & Development > Training.
Create and Manage Performance Review Cycles
Under Performance & Development > Cycles, Administrators, and employees with edit rights in the Performance & Development area can create new performance review cycles using the Performance Review Cycle Builder, and manage performance review cycles.
Supervisors can view and access all review cycles in which at least one of their direct reports is a participant.
View Details for a Specific Performance Review Cycle
To view the details of a specific performance review cycle, go to Performance & Development > Cycles and then click on the name of the relevant review cycle. A table displays which shows the following review cycle details for each employee: the employee, the type of review, and the status of the review. Click the three dots to:
- see the employee's performance overview,
- request peer feedback, or
- remove the employee from the review cycle.
Under Performance & Development > Feedback, each employee can view reviews with the following statuses:
- Assigned to me: All the Self Reviews, Peer Reviews, Upward Reviews and Manager Reviews that are assigned to the reviewer for all review cycles are displayed under Assigned to me. These reviews have not been sent and are only visible to the reviewer.
- Sent by me: All the Self Reviews, Peer Reviews, Upward Reviews and Manager Reviews that the reviewer has sent for all review cycles are displayed under Sent by me.
- Received from others: All the reviews Peer Reviews, Upward Reviews and Manager Reviews that the reviewer has received from others for all review cycles are displayed under Received from others.
Edit and View Access Rights for Performance Review Cycles
To learn more about edit and view access rights for performance review cycles, see Edit and View Access Rights for Performance Review Cycles.
The training section in the Performance & Development area is open to all active employees, under Performance & Development > Training.
The section is comprised of three tabs: Course catalog, Planned courses and Training history.
Here, Administrators and employees with edit rights in the Performance & Development area can access training management functionalities that make it easier to manage and organize training courses and sessions, and to track training sessions. They can:
▶︎ Add new training courses and training course sessions by clicking on Add a new training course. They can adjust training course details and training session details, including the name, date and time, and capacity of the relevant training session.
▶︎ Manage training courses and training course sessions. Specifically, they can do the following.
- View all training courses that have been added.
- View all training sessions that have been added to training courses.
- Add employees to and remove employees from training sessions.
- Open training sessions to self enrollment.
- Track employee attendance at training sessions.
- Delete training courses and training sessions.
The Course catalog is also available to all active employees. Here they can view all courses containing at least one session that is open to self enrollment, choose the sessions they want to join and sign up via the Sign up button.
This tab displays all upcoming courses and sessions that the employee has signed up to, or has been added to. If necessary, employees can select any session and cancel their attendance via the Cancel attendance button.
This tab displays a list of all past training courses and sessions that the employee has participated in.