This article explains how you can get the most out of Personio as a supervisor, and contains links to more in-depth resources if you wish to learn more.
If you are new to Personio, see Personio for employees: First steps to learn how to activate your account and manage your personal profile and settings.
The information displayed in this article may vary from what is available to you with your individual access rights. Based on your employee role, your company’s Personio Administrator has granted you view or edit rights for specific areas in Personio. Learn more about access rights or get in touch with your Personio Administrator if necessary.
Get a quick overview from your Home area
Click Home to navigate to this area of your account at any time. Your Home area contains various widgets that are relevant to you as a supervisor:
See the recruiting interviews that are scheduled for that day.
|See which employees are currently in an onboarding or offboarding process, and monitor the current progress.
|Get an overview of your pending to-dos. You can manage some Tasks directly in the widget. To access your reminders, click Reminders to open your Inbox.
|Check the status of any approval requests, including attendances and absences, absence certificates, and employee data.
|Get an overview of your direct reports.
|See which of your colleagues are absent.
Learn more about the other widgets in the Home area in our dedicated article.
View and approve absences
To keep an overview of the absences of your reports, Personio offers various options:
- You can view and approve absence requests in the Tasks widget of your Home area.
- In the Absence tab of the employee's profile under Absence, you can see the absences of an individual employee.
- Use the Calendar for an overview of all the absences and events in your company.
Learn more about approving absences.
View and approve working hours
To keep an overview of the working hours of your reports, Personio offers various options:
- To see the attendance periods, overtime balance, and work schedule of a single employee, go to the Attendance tab on their employee profile. Learn more about The Attendance tab.
- For an overview of all the pending time tracking requests, and to review, approve and reject them, click Time Tracking on the left sidebar. Learn more about approving attendance.
View and manage employee information
The Employee list
Click Employees in the left sidebar to go to the employee list. Here, you can find an overview of all employees in your company.
- You can filter by attributes, search for specific employees, and further customize the list to your preferences.
- If you have edit rights for the details of your reports, click their row to edit one of their attributes directly from the employee list. Click on their name to go to their employee profile instead.
Learn more about the functions of The Employee list.
The Employee profile
To view and manage the details of your reports, use the following tabs in their employee profile:
- Personal info: See all the information stored for the employee, and make or propose changes.
- Documents: View the current documents stored in various document categories and upload new documents.
Generate team reports
To help you keep track of your team, you can create several reports for your team. The following reports are the most relevant for supervisors:
- Headcount: See the amount of active employees per month.
- FTE: See your reports’ full-time equivalent based on their weekly working hours.
- Hires: See which new employees have joined your team in the defined time period.
- Probation periods: See which of your reports are on probation in the defined period.
- Absence days: See how long your reports have been absent.
- Attendance periods: See the approved and pending working hours of your reports.
Recruit and onboard new team members
If your company uses Personio Recruiting, and you’re involved in the application process of candidates, get familiar with the following features:
- Application list: Get an overview of the status of all applications for positions in your team and click a candidate's name to go to their application profile. Learn more about the functions of the Application List.
- Application profile: View the candidate's details and provide interview feedback. Learn more about the functions of The Application.
Once you've hired a new team member, use Personio's features to onboard them:
- For an overview of all the onboarding steps, and to edit the tasks that you are responsible for, go to the Onboarding tab of your new team member's employee profile.
- To see tasks and reminders you can action directly, go to your Home area. Learn more about onboarding tasks and notifications in Notifications and tasks in Personnel Administration.
- If you're involved in the creation and management of onboarding workflows, read our Creating On- and Offboarding Workflows and Assigning and Managing Onboarding Templates articles.
Support your team's development
If your company uses Personio Performance & Development, you can support the development of your reports in the Performance & Development area in Personio.
Here, you can give and receive feedback, schedule performance meetings, plan training sessions, and set goals for your reports.
Learn more about The Performance and Development area in Personio.
Manage your team's compensation
If your company uses Personio's Compensation Management app, you can run compensation review cycles efficiently and at scale.
Learn more about how to use Compensation Management as a supervisor.