This article explains how to integrate Personio with your company calendar using Personio's subcontractor Cronofy.
Calendars available for integration
Personio supports integration with the following three calendars:
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Exchange (this includes all versions of 2010, 2013, and 2016)
- Microsoft Office 365 (this includes all versions of 2010, 2013, and 2016)
To integrate your company calendar with Personio, you need the following roles:
- Personio Account Administrator: To accept Cronofy as a subcontractor, and to give the Company Calendar Administrator access rights to the Calendars settings page.
- Company Calendar Administrator: To access the Calendars settings page in order to perform the setup.
For more information about the compliance and security standards of the integration through Cronofy, see our frequently asked questions.
Personio's calendar integrates with the subcontractor Cronofy B.V. You must enable it in the Data Protection Information tab of Personio's Settings. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Support > Subscription and Billing.
- Click the Data Protection Information tab. Under Additional parts of the contract, find the list of Subcontractors.
- Ensure the checkbox next to Cronofy B.V. is activated.
Provide the calendar administrator access to calendar integration settings
You should give your company calendar Administrator access to the calendar integration settings. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Employee roles > Access rights.
- Select the employee role assigned to your calendar Administrator, or create a new role.
- Scroll down to Account configuration and click it.
- Next to Calendars and under Edit, select All.
Company calendar administrator
Connect your company calendar
Once the Personio administrator has accepted Cronofy as a subcontractor, follow these steps to connect your company calendar:
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Calendar integration.
- Choose one of the following calendars to integrate with Personio: Google Calendar, Office 365 (via Graph API), Office 365 (EWS), or Microsoft Exchange.
- In the area Interview scheduling, you have the option to activate the checkbox Show titles of employees’ private events on the “Find a slot on calendar” feature (Optional).
- Click Apply changes. Using this feature, the organizer of an interview can see the details of events marked as private in the calendars of employees who they would like to invite to the interview.
Synchronize employees and rooms
During the initial synchronization with the calendar provider, you authenticate all current users and meeting rooms. This process may take a few minutes. To check if all employees and rooms have been successfully synchronized, go to Settings > Integrations > Calendar integration.
If you see error messages for unsuccessful synchronization of employees, see the different errors and solutions in our article to Troubleshoot the Company Calendar Integration.
Add new employees
To synchronize an individual employee or all employees again in Personio:
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Calendar integration. The first accordion contains a list of employees that have not been synchronized. Click the down arrow to open the accordion.
- To synchronize an individual employee, click the loop icon to the right of the employee’s name.
- To synchronize all employees, click Sync all employees at the top right of the accordion.
When you add new employees to your company domain, they will automatically be authenticated in Personio. If any synchronization errors happen, you will receive an error message.
There are five different synchronization statuses of employees:
|The authentication process has started.
|This may take some time. In case the status does not change, use the "Sync all employees" button to try syncing again.
The authentication is being checked.
|The employee's calendar is still syncing. In case the status does not change, use the "Sync all employees" button to try syncing again.
|The employee has been successfully authenticated and the employee's calendar has been synchronized.
The authentication was unsuccessful and the employee's calendar cannot be synchronized. If this error appears, take a look at our article Troubleshooting: Company Calendar Integration Setup.
A message from Cronofy will be displayed.
The employee's calendar could not be synced. Please try the troubleshooting article.
An issue appeared after a successful authentication. Contact our support team via Help > Support and Updates > Find Answers.
|Something went wrong. Please contact customer support.
Add new rooms
If you use Personio's Recruiting feature, you can add meeting rooms for scheduling interviews. An information icon confirms that meeting rooms have been successfully synchronized. If you add new rooms under your company's domain, you need to synchronize them manually with Personio.
To do so, go to Settings > Integrations > Calendar integration and click Sync all rooms.
For more information and FAQs, read Cronofy's guide on Connecting Organization Calendars.