In this article, you will learn how to configure the Absence Calendar. Your employees may use the calendar to check other employees' absences and working days, and to request their own absences.
Define which absences appear in the calendar
Users with the necessary access rights may define which absences appear in the calendar. The calendar will show these absences only as generic time off, without showing exactly what type of absence the employee is taking. Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Work Hours & Absences > Absence Calendar.
- Check the boxes for the absence types that you want the calendar to display.
- Click Apply changes to save the changes.
If you want to show more detailed information, grant additional Absence Types rights as described in step 3 below.
When you create a new absence type, this doesn't appear in the Absence Calendar until you add it manually, following the steps above.
Grant your employees access to the Absence Calendar
By default, all employees have access to the Me view in the Absence Calendar. To allow employees to see additional employees' absences in the calendar, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings > People > Employee Roles.
- Select the relevant employee role, and go to the Calendar tab. For privacy reasons, we recommend that you give minimum Absence Calendar access rights to the All Employees role.
For each dropdown menu, select an access area. This determines which employees' absences display in the calendar for that specific role. The available sections are:
- iCal Subscription: Events to be exported into other calendar apps via an iCal link.
- Company Calendar (Absences): General absence information as set up in the previous section.
- Absence Types: More detailed absence information, including type of absence and unapproved absences. This section lists all the existing absence types.
- Click Apply changes.
Calendar access rights only affect the Absence Calendar, and not the Absence tabs of individual employees. The access rights set here may override view rights in the Access Rights tab.