This article explains how the Salary tab of the employee profile is structured. Find out more about your options for managing salaries in Personio in our article on salary components.
What is the Salary tab?
Under Employee Profile > Salary, you can view and manage salaries for each individual employee. The Salary tab consists of an overview displaying all salary components an employee receives, as well as an editing screen where salary components can be managed. Based on access rights, employees can view and manage salary components.
View salary components in the Salary tab
The salary table
In the salary table, all salary components and payments that the employee receives are listed by year and month. You can navigate between years by clicking on the arrow buttons to the left and right of the year displayed. The following salary components can be displayed:
- Base salary: This is always a fixed (monthly) or hourly salary. Hourly salaries have to be confirmed monthly and can be adjusted in the salary table.
- Bonuses: These are displayed collectively in the corresponding Bonus column. For the column to be displayed, any bonus must be set. Set custom bonuses can be adjusted and confirmed there.
- Recurring compensations: These are displayed in a separate column named per compensation. If multiple recurring compensations are set, the table displays them each in one corresponding column.
- One-time compensations: These are displayed collectively in the corresponding column One-time compensations.
Salary components overview
The salary components overview on the left-hand side of the salary table displays salary components at a glance. The following salary components can be displayed:
- Recurring: This widget displays the monthly amount for a (fixed or hourly) salary, bonuses (custom or performance-based bonus with set maximum amount), and recurring compensations with the monthly amount.
- One-time compensation totals (per year): This widget displays all total payments for all one-time compensations added for the chosen year. You can also add new one-time compensations for employees directly from this widget.
Manage salaries in the Salary tab and on the edit screen
You can create and manage all salary components from the edit screen. To access the edit screen, click on Manage under salary components on the left-hand side. The following actions can be taken there:
- Base salary: Add and delete base salaries (fixed or hourly). In the widget, all past and future base salaries set for the employee are displayed. Read our Help Center articles on fixed salary and hourly salary for more information.
- Bonus: Add and delete bonuses (custom bonus or performance-based bonus). In the widget, all past and future bonuses for the employee are displayed. Read our Help Center article on how to create bonus payments.
- Recurring compensation: Add and delete recurring compensations. These have to be previously created under Settings > Payroll > Additional compensation. Read our Help Center article on how to create and manage recurring compensations.
Access rights for the Salary tab
The access rights for the Salary tab depend on if the employee needs to simply view the compensation types or should also be able to create and manage them. For Additional compensations such as one-time and recurring compensations, the individual compensation types can be created and edited globally under Settings > Payroll > Additional Compensation.
For the access rights section Salary information, there are no propose rights. Employees can either view or edit them.
|View rights for
|Edit rights for
|View compensations in the Salary tab
|Create fixed salaries and bonuses in the Salary tab
|Add and delete one-time compensations in the Salary tab
|Add and delete recurring compensations in the Salary tab
|Create and edit additional compensations (one-time and recurring) globally under Settings > Payroll > Additional Compensation
|Salary information & Account configuration > Payroll