This article explains how to set up the Workable integration with Personio. When connected, the Workable integration automatically sets up new employees in Personio once a candidate’s status in Workable is marked as Hired. The integration allows specific attributes in Personio and Workable to be synchronized, so Personio can import the corresponding information into your account.
Pre-requisites for a successful integration
Before beginning the integration process, ensure the following is in place:
- You have an admin role or editing rights for the Marketplace in Personio via Settings > People > Employee Roles > Access rights > Account configuration > Marketplace integration.
- You have Super Admin status in Workable to access the settings and the integrations page.
- The Tray.io, Inc checkbox is activated via Settings > Support > Plan & Billing > Data Protection Information.
Connect and Authenticate Workable
Set up the Workable integration directly in Personio's Marketplace with the Configuration Wizard. This requires you to generate an API key (called a Partner token) in Workable, which you then enter in Personio. Follow these steps:
- Go to Marketplace in Personio, then search for and select the Workable integration.
- Click Connect to open the Configuration Wizard.
- Log in to your Workable account.
- Create an API key on the Workable integrations page. These steps are outlined in step one of the Configuration Wizard in Personio.
- Once generated, enter the API key in the Workable Partner token text box in the Personio Configuration Wizard.
- Click Next to go to step two of the Configuration Wizard and Authenticate Personio.
The subdomain is the name of your account in the URL, ending with workable.com.
Step two of the Configuration Wizard requires you to grant the Workable integration access to the necessary Personio data. Follow these steps:
- Review the permissions that the Workable integration requires.
- Click Next to continue to step three of the Configuration Wizard and Map attributes.
You can review the granted permissions after the setup process by going to Settings > Integrations > API credentials and selecting the Workable integration.
In step three of the Configuration Wizard, you can select which Workable attributes should be synchronized, or aligned, with Personio. Follow these steps:
- Review all the attributes and ensure that each Personio attribute matches the corresponding Workable attribute.
- Click Add new attribute to include more attributes.
- Click Finish.
The integration setup is complete.
Creating custom Personio attributes to match Workable system attributes
If a Workable system attribute does not exist in Personio, you can create a custom attribute and match it with the Workable system attribute. Even if the name of the attribute is different, the attribute values must be identical in both systems (for example, the office is called "Munich" in both systems). You cannot match custom attributes from Workable with attributes from Personio.
The Personio system attribute Hire date reflects the date from which a work contract is effective. The Workable system attribute Hired at indicates the date a candidate accepted an offer. These dates are different in most cases. To transfer the Workable attribute Hired at to Personio, create a custom attribute of the type date and map it to the corresponding Hired at Workable attribute in the mapping table.