If you need to change employee attributes such as, for example, an address, bank details or a tax category on a fixed date in the future, you can schedule these changes to take place on that date.
▶︎ For your employees to be able to schedule attribute changes, you must grant them either proposal or editing rights to the relevant section of the employees' Personal info tab.
▶︎ The attributes Hire date, Contract end date and Termination date cannot be scheduled.
▶︎ You can only schedule a future attribute change, but it is not possible to schedule a change for a past date. Find out more about retroactive changes.
Schedule an attribute change for one employee
To schedule an attribute change, follow these steps:
- Go to the employee profile and into Personal info.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Schedule changes.
- Then modify the attribute you wish to change.
Note: You need to have edit rights for the attribute to change it.
- Once you are done, click Review & set effective date.
- In the pop-up window, you will see the old and new attribute values, and can select the date when the change should take place.
- Then click Submit changes.
The attribute will then show the scheduled value, and it will be automatically updated at 3.00am on the date you selected.
To delete the scheduled value change, click Edit, go to the attribute and select Delete scheduled change.
If you are updating an attribute for a limited amount of time, you can mark this change as temporary and enter a revert date. This is useful if, for example, you have working students who regularly change their working hours depending on their university.
Schedule an attribute change for several employees
You can also schedule an attribute change for multiple employees at the same time. To do so, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Employees > Employee List.
- Select the employees whose information you want to edit.
- Click on the Actions button that appears and select Edit profile.
- In the side window, select a new value for the attribute that you would like to update to all selected employees.
- Select a future application date in the field effective date.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
The change will also be entered into the Employee History on the date you specified.