This article describes how to organize positions by category. You can use recruiting categories to map different application processes, display your open positions clearly, and send automatic receipt confirmations. Read on to find out how to configure and optimally utilize recruiting categories.
Create Recruiting Categories
Follow these steps to create a category:
- Go to Settings > Recruiting > Recruiting > Categories.
- Insert the name of the category in the text field Add new recruiting category and click on the plus symbol . You can for example create categories by employment type (e.g. full-time, part-time), seniority (e.g. Junior, Senior) or department (e.g. Marketing, IT).
- Click on Edit and add any number of Recruiting phases that are relevant for the particular category. You can adjust the order via drag-and-drop.
For further information on phases, see our article Configuring Recruiting Phases.
Note If you do not assign any phases to a category, all phases will be applied by default.
- Click on Submit to complete the process.
Tip You could also create an additional category called candidate pool where you can transfer any disqualified candidates who you might want to consider for future positions.
Configure Automated Email Responses by Category
The Productivity Plus add-on gives you the option to send automatic emails to candidates to confirm that you have received their application. These receipt confirmations can be configured individually for each category. Follow these steps to set this up:
- Go to Settings > Recruiting > Recruiting > Categories, select the relevant category and click Edit.
- Under Autoresponder, define whether candidates should receive an automatic receipt confirmation when applying via the application form and/or via email.
- Select any email template you have previously created as the Autoresponder template, and choose the email signature of an employee as the Signature for autoresponder.
- Click Submit to save the changes.
For more detailed information on email preferences in Personio, see our article Step 2: Set Up Candidate Communication Via Email.
Recruiting Categories on the Career Page
You can group published positions by category on your Personio Career page to facilitate the job search for candidates. Go to Settings > Recruiting > Recruiting > Career page > Career page settings and under Group positions by select Category from the dropdown list.
It's also possible to activate a filter on the Personio Career page so that candidates can filter positions by category. Under Position filters, click Add filter and select Category.
Note If you use position filters, the grouping of positions will no longer apply.
For further information on integrating positions into your Personio Career page, see our article Step 5: Configure the Personio Career Page.