In this article, you will find a checklist to ensure that your work schedules and attendance settings have been configured correctly.
Checklist: Required settings
- All employees have been assigned a work schedule.
- Each employee's weekly hours (in the employee profile under Personal Info > HR information) correspond to their work schedule (in the Attendance tab of the employee profile). This is important because the work schedule affects the attendance balance and the prorated calculation of leave entitlement.
Tip: You can quickly check this using the employee list for all employees. You will need a view that contains both the Weekly hours and the Work schedule.
- The total number of hours within any work schedule that you define under Settings > Work Hours and Absences > Attendance corresponds to the number of hours specified in the title of the work schedule.
If you create a work schedule called Part-time 20h, Mo–Fr, then the work schedule should contain a total of twenty hours.
Checklist: Optional settings
- For employees with an hourly salary, overtime tracking has been disabled in their work schedule.
- If employees should track the time they worked on specific projects, you have created projects and activate project-based time tracking.
You can now move on to Create absence types.