This article contains a detailed overview of the process of becoming a Personio product partner, including all the relevant information you may need.
Benefits of becoming a product partner
Join the Personio Marketplace and create real value for your customers.
By connecting your software solution to Personio, via our open API, you will allow your customers to transfer their data automatically between systems. You will create direct added value for your customers, expand your product portfolio, and become part of the Personio community.
As a Personio product partner, you will be listed on the Personio Marketplace website as well as within our software as an integration partner. In addition, you will receive a personal information page.
Furthermore, we inform our existing customers about the new interface to your software in our monthly Product Newsletter. With selected product partners, we also extend the cooperation to a referral partnership, in addition to exploring joint marketing opportunities.
We are here to support you through the entire process.
To become a Personio product partner, you should meet the following criteria:
- Your focus is on small- and medium-sized businesses.
- You already have customers who are using Personio.
- The interface you develop offers real added value for our mutual customers.
- You operate in our strategic European markets.
- You will provide customer support in case of any queries or problems regarding the interface.
The steps toward a product partnership
The following steps must be completed before you can become a Personio product partner:
- Fill out the registration form and receive a link to create a free developer account
- Develop and test the interface
- Complete the technical quality check
- Create marketing and support material
- Announce the integration
1. Fill out the registration form and get an extended trial account
First, fill out the form below. After successful submission, it will be reviewed by our Partner Manager. If your software solution fits Personio and meets our requirements, we will provide you with a developer trial account
2. Develop and test the interface
In addition to a trial account, we will provide you with interface documentation. This will contain detailed information on how to set up the interface.
It is important that you both comply with the specifications for the individual endpoints and test the interface extensively to ensure that all customer needs are met.
Technical information for available interfaces
Personio has a REST-API with six endpoints that can be used by product partners:
- Employee API
- Attendance API
- Projects API
- Absence API
- Documents API
- Recruiting API
No salary data (except Fixed salary 100% and Hourly salary) is currently available automatically via the API endpoints, and no GET retrieval can be carried out using the recruiting endpoint.
If you retrieve data via the employee master data endpoint, all the data (based on the employee filter) will be transferred. We do not currently offer any webhooks.
For further information on the individual API endpoints, refer to the following:
- Technical Specifications for API Endpoints
- Technical Documentation: Developer Hub
- API Interfaces Overview
Refer to the frequently asked questions, listed at the end of this article, which include a list of the interface functions that are important to our customers.
3. The technical quality check
You must successfully complete the technical quality check in order for us to list you as an official Personio product partner. This is to ensure high-quality product integration and interfaces for our customers.
To do so, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org after you have completed the development of the interface. Our colleagues from the Partner Management Team will then contact you regarding team coordination.
During the technical quality check, we will check the interface functionalities, including the following:
- An autonomous activation process for customers
- The interface's configuration options
- Automated filter options
- A live example of data transmission
4. Create marketing and support materials
We require information from all of our product partners so that we can offer our customers comprehensive information about you.
We require the English version only. Fill out our glossary section so that we have the correct translations for our content in German, Spanish, Dutch, French or Italian, where applicable.
Frequently asked questions on Personio product partnerships
- Identify 100+ shared customers
- Have at least 250 total customers
- Have 50+ integration adoptions
- Send leads to Personio
- Have a Personio landing page on the website
- Show proof of partner-led marketing initiatives promoting integration
Partners begin at the Select tier. The thresholds above must be crossed in order to engage in additional activities.
Another basic function is that the customer can use the user-defined field Include in transfer to xy? (Yes/No) to exclude employees from the data transfer.