This article contains a detailed overview of the process of becoming a product partner with an automated interface, including all the relevant information you may need.
The Personio Product Partnership Process
You can use our API endpoints to develop an automated Personio interface in order to make the lives of our shared customers easier when it comes to HR.
Once you have developed and tested the interface, we will do a technical quality check. After this has been successfully completed and you have submitted all the required supporting materials, we will list you at https://www.personio.de/integrationen/ in our monthly product newsletter and in our Helpcenter, as well as recommend you to interested customers via our sales department.
The Steps Toward a Product Partnership
The following steps must be done before you can become a Personio product partner:
- Filling out the registration form and receiving an extended test account
- Developing and testing the interface
- Finalizing the interface documentation for the technical quality check
- The technical quality check
- Creating marketing and support material
- Announcing the integration
1. Filling Out the Registration Form and Getting an Extended Test Account
Start by creating a test account here with the following logic: [software]-integrationpartner. Then fill out the registration form for potential product partners so that we can extend your test account for the development phase. The default period you will have for this is three months.
2. Developing and Testing the Interface
Use the technical documentation listed below to develop your interface. It is important that you both comply with the specifications for the individual endpoints and test the interface extensively to ensure that all customer needs are met.
Technical Information for Available Interfaces
Personio has a REST-API with four endpoints that can be used by product partners:
- employee API
- attendance API
- absence API
- recruiting API
Please note that no salary data (except Fixed salary 100% and Hourly salary) is currently automatically available via the API endpoints and no GET retrieval can be carried out using the recruiting endpoint.
If you retrieve data via the employee master data endpoint, all the data (based on the employee filter) will be transferred. We do not currently offer any webhooks.
See the following links for further information on the individual API endpoints:
- Technical specifications for API endpoints
- technical documentation: Developer Hub
- API interfaces overview
Please check the FAQs at the end of this article as well. They include a list of the interface functions that are important to our customers.
3. Finalizing Interface Documentation for the Technical Quality Check
We will require detailed documentation about the interface so that we can perform a technical quality check and provide our internal colleagues with sufficient information about the interface. Please use the interface documentation template for this and send us the completed document as a PDF.
We will contact you once we have reviewed the submitted documents for a live demonstration of the functioning interface.
4. The Technical Quality Check
To ensure high-quality product integration and interfaces for our customers, the successful completion of the technical quality check is a prerequisite for us to list you as an official Personio product partner.
To facilitate this, please get in touch with us via our contact form with two suggested appointment times (of 30 minutes each) once you have finished developing your interface. Our colleagues from the Partner Management Team will then contact you regarding team coordination.
During the technical quality check, we will check the interface functionalities, including:
- an autonomous activation process for customers
- the interface's configuration options
- automated filter options
- a live example of data transmission
Please send us the technical documentation from Step 3 with your suggested appointment times.
5. Creating Marketing and Support Material
We require the following information from all of our product partners so that we can offer our customers comprehensive information about you.
- Please fill out the Marketing materials template so that we can list you as a product partner at https://www.personio.de/integrationen/.
Please note that we will require both a German and an English version.
You also have the option of submitting a Spanish and a French version if your product is also available in those countries.
- You can also use the Helpcenter article template to show customers who have decided to use your interface how to activate and configure it.
- To allow our sales staff to supply information about your product to interested customers, we will require information about the pricing structure as well as a contact person for interested customers and also for our sales staff, who may have further questions. Finally, please fill out our Sales process template.
Submitting Your Documentation
Use this form to submit all your preparatory documents so that we can prepare the product partnership announcement:
Frequently Asked Questions on Personio Product Partnerships
Can't find what you're looking for?
We are happy to help you! Just write us a message with your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a request