In this article, you will learn how to subscribe to a Personio Calendar on third-party apps like Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, and Outlook via an iCal link.
Using the Personio Calendar subscription option, you can see your colleagues' absences on an external calendar app. The calendar will update automatically, and its update frequency depends on the settings of the third-party app you're using. Some apps have default settings that cannot be changed, while others allow you to set the update frequency yourself. For more information, refer to the help center of the app you are using.
Each absence period displays both the employee's name and the absence type. For example, "[Vacation] John Doe".
Generate an iCal subscription link in Personio
To subscribe to absence types in the Personio Calendar and generate an iCal link for use with a third-party app, follow these steps:
- Go to Calendars.
- Click the three dots icon > Subscribe.
- Under Calendar type, choose one or more absences you want to subscribe to. The My Calendar option at the top includes birthday reminders, hire dates, and anniversaries.
- Refine the absences included in the calendar based on Legal entity, Department, Team or Office. Select "All" for any option to include all absences within that category.
- Click Generate Link.
- Click Copy.
The calendar does not include any absence types created after you generate an iCal link. To include absence types created after generating the link, repeat the steps above to generate, export, and subscribe again.
When generating an iCal link to subscribe to absence types in Personio, you can decide how the calendar displays in your third-party app. There are two options:
Single iCal link for all absence types
This will include and display all absence types in your third-party app in one shared view. To do this, select the Absences option from the iCal calendar subscribe window, generate the link and add it to your third-party app.
Multiple iCal links for different absence types
With this option, you can activate or deactivate the view for each absence type you subscribe to. For example, if you add a calendar only for paid vacations, and another only for sick days, you could choose to view them both at once, or only view one and hide the other. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select a specific absence type, for example "Sick Days", from the iCal calendar subscribe window, generate the link, and add it to your third-party app.
- Repeat this for each individual absence type calendar you want to generate and add to your third-party app.
Add the link to your third-party calendar app
To add the Personio calendar to a third-party calendar app, visit the third-party app help center: