This article describes how you can import your employees’ attendances to Personio in a batch process.
Your employees’ attendance in Personio can be easily recorded by using the Employee Profile > Attendance menu option, where each employee is able to enter their attendance periods manually, provided they have the requisite access rights. Attendances are then saved permanently in Personio as required or as provided for by the account settings, for example once they have been confirmed by a supervisor.
You can also store historical attendances in Personio by performing a bulk import. This allows you to have the historical salary data of employees who are paid on an hourly basis calculated automatically by Personio, among others.
Import attendances into Personio by completing the following steps:
Recording Attendance in Personio’s Excel Template
- First, download the Importing Attendance Periods Excel template (see the link at the bottom of this article).
- Enter the required information for your employees’ attendances in the relevant columns. Each line corresponds to an attendance period by an employee. If you wish to record several attendances for an employee, you need to create several lines for them. Each employee is uniquely identified by their email address.
The lines in the following columns must be formatted as specified below:
- Date: Date dd.mm.yyyy
- Start time: May only contain text (hh:mm) and must not be formatted as time.
- End time: May only contain text (hh:mm) and must not be formatted as time.
- Comment: May only contain text.
Use the Comment column to add notes, e.g. if an employee was late for work because of a medical appointment.
Save the complete Excel file.
Please note that only the email address can be used as unique identifier when importing attendances.
If your start and end times are formatted as hh:mm:ss, please complete the following steps:
- Add two blank columns to the right of the ‘end time’ column.
- Enter the following command in the second line of the first blank column: =TEXT(C2;"hh:mm")
- Enter the following command in the second cell of the second blank column: =TEXT(D2;"hh:mm")
- You can now enter the headings for the new columns you have just created.
- The first blank column should be named ‘Start time’, the second one ‘End time’.
Please check carefully that you select the correct columns when importing your data.
Importing Employee Data
Import the attendance data once you have completed all preparatory steps. The import process into Personio comprises three steps:
Datei hochladen: Laden Sie in Ihrem Personio Account unter dem Bereich Import die Datei hoch. Wählen Sie als Dateityp Anwesenheiten-Upload.
Spalten konfigurieren: Im nächsten Schritt müssen die Spalten Ihrer Excel-Datei den entsprechenden in Personio hinterlegten Attributen zugeordnet werden.
- Preview import: In the final step, you will see a preview of the import. If you notice any errors, you can simply cancel the import and fix the relevant problems in the Excel spreadsheet.
We are very happy to assist you in importing your data. Data checks are particularly helpful in saving time and effort. Please feel free to contact our service team if you are planning an import – we'll be happy to help.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We are happy to help you! Just write us a message with your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a request