When you post a job on Indeed, it is also posted automatically on Glassdoor, SimplyHired, and Resume.com
Indeed posting design
Like most external job boards, Indeed has its own posting design, which cannot be changed. The only information that is transmitted from Personio to Indeed is the text.
The text that is transmitted to Indeed comes from the job's Description tab and from the About us section. The different fields of the Description tab, and the content in the About us section, are configured in the Career Page Settings (Settings > Recruiting > Recruiting > Career page). Learn more about Transferring Data to External Job Boards via the Promote Function.
Links, images, and videos are not supported by Indeed and will not appear in your job once posted.
If you want your logo to appear with your jobs on Indeed, you need to ensure that:
- Your Indeed Company Page has been claimed and populated with your company details and logo.
- You have a minimum of two reviews on your Indeed Company Page.
- Your company has the same name in Personio and on your Indeed Company Page.
A match will automatically be made between Personio and Indeed and your jobs will appear on the same page.
Premium vs organic
The reach, or the number of clicks that your posting receives, differs between a job promoted on Indeed via Multiposting and one promoted via Auto-posting.
This feature provides postings with organic reach. These free posts on Indeed will get fewer clicks as they will naturally reduce in visibility over time on the job board.
|As this feature is paid, postings will have premium reach. Indeed will promote these postings via paid campaigns to reach more jobseekers. A higher budget leads to higher traction.
The quality of your posting and its description will also increase its attractiveness and visibility. You can read our article on how to write a good job description for best practices.
When you activate the Auto-posting with Indeed for the first time, it can take up to two weeks for the XML to be verified and your postings to be online.
Indeed pricing model
Indeed uses the Pay Per Click model, which means that you only pay when someone clicks on your job. You will need to set a budget that will then be distributed equally for a duration of 30 days. A click depends on various factors such as:
- The total number of ads with this job title or within this industry
- The location of your job
- The demand in this industry or location
Indeed uses an algorithm that shows your postings during specific time slots, when jobseekers are most active. This ensures that your daily budget will not be spent too fast.
Indeed Apply allows candidates to directly apply to a job from Indeed with one click using their Indeed resume. This way, candidates do not get redirected to Personio career pages and can even apply directly from their mobile devices, making the application process easier and more seamless.
Indeed Apply will be automatically activated in your account. If you want to deactivate it, go to Settings > Recruiting > Recruiting > Promotion and deactivate the checkbox under Indeed Apply.
Indeed Apply application process
When using Indeed Apply, all your job postings on Indeed will give candidates the option to use Indeed's one-click application service. Candidates can simply click on Apply now, and the application will be sent using their Indeed Resume. If a candidate prefers to send a normal application, they can click Apply on company site, and will be redirected to Personio's career pages where they can apply via the job's application form.
If Indeed Apply is deactivated, candidates can only apply via Personio's career pages, where they can fill in the job's application form.
|With Indeed Apply
|Without Indeed Apply
Identify if a candidate used Indeed Apply to apply for a job
To find out if a candidate used Indeed Apply to apply for a job, go to the candidate's Profile tab and under Candidate information check the Channel.
- IndeedApply - Organic: The application was made via Indeed Apply from a job auto-posting.
- IndeedApply - Sponsored: The application was made via Indeed Apply from a multi-posting.
Every posting sent to Indeed is checked for quality requirements. There are several quality requirements that need to be met:
You must not repost the same job multiple times and in multiple locations, as duplicated jobs will not be shown.
- Your job should be paid fairly. The candidate should not pay to apply, interview, or begin to work in your company.
- If you offer an internship or unpaid work experience, it has to be clearly stated in the job description and the type of contract should appear in the job title.
- You must state if the job is offered by the hiring company or by a recruiter on the company’s behalf.
- Talent pool jobs, roles that are always open ("evergreen" roles), career fairs, franchises, training opportunities, and multi-level marketing jobs are not allowed on Indeed.
If these quality requirements are not met, Indeed will not publish the job posting.