In this article, you will find some tips to ensure your employees' salary data has been imported and the preliminary payroll has been set up correctly.
Checklist: Required settings
- Personio allows you to store various payroll groups that you can use to create separate payroll exports. Payroll groups can be created based on any attribute of the type List of options. If you have created payroll groups (for example based on salary type), this attribute must be filled out for all employees.
Further information: You can find further information on creating a clear payroll preview by defining payroll groups and periods in Configure preliminary payroll settings.
- A salary has been entered for all internal employees (fixed or hourly salary) and it is effective since the hire date.
- The salary is either included in a separate Salary tab, or it was added to the Personal info tab.
▶︎ Either, check under Settings > Payroll > Salary & Payroll if the setting Separate salary tab is activated.
▶︎ Or, check that the attributes Fixed salary or Main salary, and Hourly salary have been added to the Personal info tab.
- Check if absence types are included in the payroll section.
Checklist: Optional settings
To efficiently check all employee data for completeness, go to Employees > Employee List and create a custom employee list view that contains all the relevant salary attributes. Find out how to customize columns and save views in the Employee List.
Then check the following:
- All additional types of compensation have been entered into the respective employee accounts.
- If you have set a monthly notification for Payroll review, it has been activated in the Administrators' Personal Settings.
You are ready to tackle the next module.