This article explains how to create an export of new employees in Personio in order to import the data into Visma Nmbrs. If you want to import changes in employee information, read our article Import updated employee data into Visma Nmbrs.
To import new employees that have been created in Personio into Visma Nmbrs, you need to follow these steps:
- Create a Custom Report with the new employee data in Personio.
- Export the data from the Custom Report in Personio.
- Import the new employees into Visma Nmbrs.
Before you can create the Custom Report in Personio, you need to add four new employee attributes to match the values in Visma Nmbrs. Learn how to do this under Prerequisites for creating the Custom Report.
Prerequisites for creating the Custom Report in Personio
In order for employee information to be successfully imported into Visma Nmbrs via the Personio export functionalities, you need to create four additional attributes in Personio. These employee attributes are needed to match the minimum information required for the Visma import. These are the required attributes:
|Attribute name||Attribute type|
List of options
Note: The options stand for "onbepaalde tijd" and "bepaalde tijd".
Note: VolgnrInverh stands for "Volgnummer Inkomstenverhouding".
▶︎ Visma Nmbrs has separate attributes for “House number” and “Street name”. Depending on your setup, you might have to split the Personio attribute “Street and house number” to be compatible with the import sheet.
▶︎ If the attribute "Employee ID" in Personio doesn't correspond to the attribute "Persnr" in your Nmbrs account, you have to create a new custom attribute and fill it in with the correct information.
To create the required attributes, follow the instructions in our article Create Custom Sections and Attributes.
Create a Custom Report with the new employee data in Personio
To create the Custom Report with the new employee data, follow these steps:
- Go to Reports > Custom Reports and click on Create custom report.
- Add a Name for your report and optionally a Description.
- Click Next.
- Choose the Type of Report “Timeframe” and add the dates for the month you want to export, for example 01.09.2022 - 30.09.2022.
- Choose the Table columns as follows:
▶︎ Last name
▶︎ Employee ID (Persnr)
▶︎ House number
▶︎ Hire date
The attributes mentioned above are the minimum of attributes required in the export in order for the import of new employees in Visma Nmbrs to be successful.
- Click Next.
- Under Set up conditions, choose the condition “Hire date” - “greater or equal” to the first day of the month you want to export, for example “Hire date” - “greater or equal" - "01.09.2022".
- Click Create report.
This custom report, once set up, can be reused to export new employee data for all following months. To adjust the timeframe for the following months, open the report and click on the button with three dots > Edit to change the timeframe. For more information on Custom Reports, read our article Create Custom Reports.
Export the data from Personio and import into Visma Nmbrs
Ensure that you import the data of new employees only. This workflow is not suitable for updating existing employee profiles in Visma Nmbrs.
Export the new employee data from Personio
To export the new employee data from the Custom Report in Personio, follow these steps:
- Go to Reports > Custom Reports and open your previously created report.
- Click on Export.
An .xlsx-file with the data will download to your computer.
Migrate the data into the Visma Nmbrs Import sheet
- Open the Nmbrs import sheet.
- Copy the data rows from the downloaded Custom Report file into the corresponding columns in the Nmbrs import sheet. Refer to the table below to see which Personio attribute should be copied to which column.
Attribute in Personio Attribute in Nmbrs Last name Naam Employee ID Persnr Birthday Geboortedatum Postcode Postcode Street Huisadres House number Huisnummer City Plaats Hire date Indienstdatum Bedrijfnr Bedrijfnr Debiteurnr Debiteurnr CodeBepTd CodeBepTd VolgnrInverh VolgnrInverh
- Save the Nmbrs import sheet.
Import the Nmbrs Import sheet into Visma Nmbrs
To import the Nmbrs Import sheet into Visma Nmbrs, use the Nmbrs Import Wizard. For instructions on how to proceed, read the documentation by Visma Nmbrs.
We recommend to first import the file in the Nmbrs Sandbox to check whether the import has the expected outcome.