This article explains how to sign up for training sessions, and how to cancel your attendance if needed. This article is aimed towards employees.
The Administrator, or an employee with edit rights for the Training section in the Performance & Development area, must first enable self enrolment for a training session. This makes the session available for employees to sign up.
Sign up for training sessions
Notes In the Course catalog:
▶︎ Active employees can see all upcoming courses, containing at least one session that is open to self enrolment.
▶︎ They can only join sessions that have not reached full capacity and that they are not part of already.
You can sign up for a training session by following these steps:
- Go to Performance & Development > Training.
- Under Course catalog, click the course that you want to participate in.
- The course accordion opens, showing the course sessions. Click Sign up on the relevant session.
- Tip Click the name of the session to view its details before signing up.
- A message displays that asks you to confirm your signup. Click Confirm signup.
The training session then appears in the My training tab under Planned courses. You will receive an email with the session details and the calendar event.
Cancel your attendance to a training session
You can cancel your attendance at an upcoming session by following these steps:
- Go to Performance & Development > Training and click My training.
- Under Planned courses, click the course containing the session you're unable to attend.
- Within the relevant session's row, click Cancel attendance.
- A cancellation confirmation message displays. Click Cancel attendance.
The training session will be removed from your Planned courses and from your calendar.
If you receive a calendar invitation for a session that is open to self enrolment, it means you occupy one seat. If you decline the invitation, you are still occupying the seat. To cancel your attendance at the session and free your seat, follow the steps outlined above.
Learn more about the Performance & Development area in Personio.