In this article, you will learn how to integrate JumpCloud in Personio. You will get an overview of all the requirements, and the instructions for installing the integration with the Personio Personnel Data API.
What is JumpCloud?
JumpCloud changes the way that IT administrators manage their organizations by providing a comprehensive and flexible cloud directory platform. From one location, you can manage user identities and resource access, secure Mac, Windows and Linux devices, and get a full view of your environment.
How Do I Set up the Integration Between JumpCloud and Personio?
Start the activation in Personio
- Go to the Marketplace and search for the integration.
- Click on the integration to open the drawer with further details.
- Select Connect to start the activation process.
- Click Generate new API credentials.
- Copy the client ID and secret and click Go to website to finish the setup in the partner's service environment.
Create a custom integration with Personio for importing only
If you would like to use the Staged user state to make it easier to identify users who have been imported and to complete the onboarding process without granting access, complete the following steps. You can learn more about the Staged user state in the article Managing User States.
- Access the JumpCloud Administrator Portal at https://console.jumpcloud.com.
- Go to Settings.
- Click the User Management tab.
- Select the Staged for the Application / Directory Integrations option.
- Click Save.
- Go to USER AUTHENTICATION > SSO.
- From the Featured Applications section, hover over Personio and click configure new, or click (+), then scroll to or search for the application in the Configure New SSO Application panel. Select your desired app and click configure.
- Enter a name for the app in the Display Label field in the General Info tab (for example, “Personio Import”).
- Go to the Bookmark tab and enter your application URL (for example, “https://mycompany.personio.de”).
- Click activate.
- Click the Personio app from the list to reopen the configuration.
- Click the Identity Management tab.
- Click manual import.
- In the Confirm Credentials window, enter the Client ID and Client Secret, which were generated in Personio.
- Click Continue.
- Click import.
If you are importing less than one hundred users, your import results will display in real time and you can continue onboarding your users. If you have more than one hundred users being imported, JumpCloud will send you an email when your import is complete.
You can now grant users access to applications and connect users to all their JumpCloud resources. Learn more in the articles Authorize Users to an SSO Application and Connecting New Users to Resources.
Imported users must be members of a user group bound to an application in order for JumpCloud to manage their identity in and/or access to the application.
What Data Will be Transferred?
Employee master data is transmitted from Personio to JumpCloud with Read only:
- legal entity
What are the Costs?
JumpCloud is free for up to ten users and ten devices. JumpCloud pricing and packaging can be found at: https://jumpcloud.com/pricing.
Create your free JumpCloud account at https://console.jumpcloud.com/signup.
Who Do I Contact at JumpCloud?
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.