This article explains how to create employment offers to successful candidates within Personio without a contract document, and send this offer to the candidate. Once an offer has been accepted, an employee profile will be automatically created. You can also create an offer with a contract.
Create an offer without contract
To create an offer that does not contain a contract, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Recruiting > Applications, and select the candidate's application.
- Go to the Offer tab and click New offer.
- Then select Offer without a contract document.
- Under Fill in the details of your offer, you will see Hire date, and the Fixed salary (Monthly). These two are always preselected by default, and at least one needs to be filled in to be able to save the offer. To select other or further attributes for the offer, click on Add a field, and select the attributes from the drop-down-list.
- Then fill in the details for all the selected fields.
- Click Save offer.
You will now see an overview of the offer with the creation date and the status Created. Learn more about How to Manage an Offer and its Stages. You can either click Skip sending to move the offer to the stage Pending and inform the candidate of the offer outside Personio, or send the offer to the candidate within Personio.
Send the offer to the candidate
To send the offer to the candidate, make sure the candidate profile contains a valid email address. Otherwise, you will receive an error in the Messages tab. Then follow these steps:
- Go to the created offer and activate the checkbox Send offer details to candidate via email.
- Select a message from your email templates, or compose the message yourself.
- Drag-and-drop files to attach to the email if needed.
- Then click Send email.
The status of the offer will now show as Pending. The offer can still be modified, but cannot be deleted anymore.
Accept the offer and create an employee profile
Once a candidate accepted the offer, click on Offer accepted. In case the position has multiple openings, you can select if you want to fill and close an opening. Then click Hire candidate.
If all openings of a position have been filled, you can archive the position.
A new employee profile with the status Onboarding is automatically created and prefilled with certain attributes. The following seven system attributes are transferred from the candidate profile to the employee profile (as long as they were configured in the candidate profile):
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
As described above, you can also manually select additional employee attributes such as Weekly hours from the drop-down-list, to fill them in and add them to the employee profile.
If you manually add and populate one of the above system attributes, the value will overwrite the attribute coming from the candidate profile.
Is it possible to store salary data for a position, that is automatically transferred when the position is filled and an employee profile is created from the applicant profile?
It is not possible to transfer the position's salary data to the employee profile. This will need to be filled in manually using the employee attributes once the offer has been accepted.
Is it possible to create a template for the attributes that are required when an employee profile is created?
When you accept an offer and create the employee profile, only the salary and start date attributes are preselected. You can manually add further attributes to fill the employee profile. However, it is not possible to create a fixed set of attributes that always needs to be filled in when creating an employee profile.