If you have already come to an agreement with a potential employee and do not want to make an offer via Personio, you can create an employee profile and skip the offer process.
If a candidate is directly moved to the recruiting phase Hired without an offer, no offers can be created afterwards, and pending offers cannot be accepted anymore. Learn how to create an offer.
Hire a candidate without an offer
Before moving the candidate to the Hired phase, you need to ensure that the position has an active opening. Learn more about position details and functions.
To move a candidate to the Hired recruiting phase without an offer, follow these steps:
- First, navigate to Recruiting > Applications, and select the candidate's application.
- Click on the phase drop-down at the top right, and select the recruiting phase Hired.
- Select the opening to fill via the drop-down menu and review the attributes for the main personal information. Click on Next to continue.
If you no longer need to hire for the position, you can archive it by ticking the box underneath the selected position.
- Next to Hire Date, enter the candidate’s hire date. This attribute is important, especially if you want to use the onboarding functionality. You can also manually configure Employee Attributes that you want to add to the employee profile. Learn more about which attributes are transferred to the employee profile.
- Then click on Create employee.
The employee profile will show the status Onboarding until the Hire date. All application documents will be transferred to the Documents tab in the employee profile. The application will show a message that the candidate has been hired and that an employee profile has been created.
Ensure that the profile contains a valid email address for the candidate/new employee, so they have a unique identifier and will be able to receive emails via Personio.
Attributes transferred to the employee profile
When a candidate is hired, a new employee profile is automatically created and prefilled with certain attributes. The following system attributes are transferred from the candidate profile to the employee profile:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
As described above, you can also manually select additional employee attributes such as Weekly hours from the drop-down list, to fill them in and add them to the employee profile.
Is it possible to store salary data for a position that is automatically transferred when the position is filled and an employee profile is created from the applicant profile?
It is not possible to transfer the position's salary data to the employee profile. This will need to be filled in manually using the employee attributes once the offer has been accepted.
Is it possible to create a template for the attributes that are required when an employee profile is created?
When you accept an offer and create the employee profile, only the salary and start date attributes are preselected. You can manually add further attributes to fill the employee profile. However, it is not possible to create a fixed set of attributes that always need to be filled in when creating an employee profile.