This article focuses on the following topics:
- What is a Manager review in Personio
- Add a Manager review to a performance review cycle
- Fill out and send Manager reviews
- Edit Manager reviews
What is a Manager review in Personio?
A Manager review is a review type that allows supervisors to give feedback to their direct reports, if the direct reports are participating in a performance review cycle. The functionality is as follows:
- An Administrator or an employee with edit rights for the Performance section in the Performance & Development area assigns Manager reviews to employees in a performance review cycle.
- The employees' supervisors receive a notification, and the review is available for them to complete under the To do tab in Performance & Development > Feedback. The supervisors don't need to be part of the cycle themselves to provide the review.
Sent Manager reviews can be viewed by:
- supervisors and their direct reports,
- administrators, and
- employees with edit rights for the Performance section in the Performance & Development area.
Add a Manager review to a performance review cycle
To add a Manager review when creating a review cycle, follow the steps below.
• To make a change to a previous step, click on Back at any time and make the required change.
• If, at any time, you wish to leave the configuration wizard before creating and launching a cycle, click on Save and close. To resume the set up go to Performance & Development > Cycles and click on the name of the relevant review cycle.
- Go to Performance & Development > Cycles.
- Click on Create a new cycle.
- Under Step 3: Add review types, ensure that you select the Manager Review checkbox.
- Under Step 4: Select forms, ensure that you select the relevant form that you wish to assign to the supervisor who is to provide Manager reviews for their direct reports from the Manager review drop-down menu.
- Under Step 5: Set due dates, ensure that you enter the number of days, weeks or months after the launch of the review cycle when the Manager review is due into the Manager review field. Select one of the following options from the Manager review drop-down menu: Days after launch, Weeks after launch, Months after launch. Reminders will be sent to the cycle participants one day before a review is due.
- Under Step 6: Preview and launch, check that the configuration of your review cycle is correct in the preview. If you are ready to launch the cycle, click on Launch review cycle.
- The Launch this review cycle? dialog displays stating that emails will be sent to all cycle participants who need to provide Manager reviews.
- To launch the review cycle, click on Launch review cycle. Alternatively, to cancel the action, click on Cancel.
- A message will display confirming that the review cycle has been launched.
Supervisors are notified via email that they need to complete the Manager review. They can access the newly created draft Manager reviews under Performance & Development > Feedback, under the To do heading.
Fill out and send Manager reviews
To fill out and send a Manager review, follow the steps below.
- Go to Performance & Development > Feedback.
- Click on the relevant Manager review under the heading To do.
- The relevant Manager review form will display. Enter the feedback into the relevant form fields.
- Click on Send review. Alternatively, you can click on Save for later if you wish to save the form and send it later.
- When you click on Send review, the Send this manager review? dialog will display stating that the review will be sent to the recipient and that the content can still be edited. If you wish to send the review, click on Send review. Alternatively, you can click on Cancel, if you do not wish to send the review.
- A message will display confirming that the feedback has been sent.
Edit Manager reviews
Manager reviews can only be edited while a review cycle is in progress. Once a review cycle has been closed, it is not possible to edit Manager reviews. For more information on editing reviews, see How to Manage a Performance Review Cycle.
To edit a Manager review, follow the steps below.
- Go to Performance & Development > Feedback.
- If the Manager review has not been sent, click on the relevant Manager review under the heading To do. If the Manager review has been sent, click on the relevant Manager review under the heading About others.
- The relevant Manager review form will display. Click on Edit review at the bottom right side of the form. A message will display confirming that changes that you make to the form aren't autosaved for reviews that you have already sent.
- Make the necessary changes in the relevant form fields.
- To save the changes, click on Update review.