This article provides an overview of the Performance & Development area in Personio.
The Performance & Development area offers comprehensive performance management and training management functionalities:
- Automated performance review cycles: Use the Performance Review Cycle Builder to create and trigger standardized performance review cycles across the organization. This empowers employees and supervisors to manage tasks and create, organize, send, or request feedback autonomously.
- 360° Feedback: Collect feedback across the organization. Enable employees to complete self-reflections. Send or request feedback to/from any employee in the organization. Record your thoughts on an employee's performance.
- Centralized training management: Create training courses and training sessions, enrol employees in training sessions, and track employee attendance in one location.
- Centralized goal management: View, create and edit goals for all employees in your organization.
Create and manage performance review cycles
To access this area, go to Performance & Development > Cycles. Administrators and employees with the necessary access rights use this area to:
- Create new performance review cycles using the Performance Review Cycle Builder.
- Manage performance review cycles.
- Create and manage a performance meeting.
Supervisors will only see review cycles relevant to them and their direct reports. View the details of a specific performance review cycle.
- To do: All the reviews assigned to you, and yet to complete. It also includes continuous feedback drafts, and is only visible to you.
- About others: All the reviews you sent, including continuous feedback.
- About you: All the reviews you received, including continuous feedback.
Learn more about edit and view access rights for performance review cycles, continuous feedback, and notes.
All employees can access the training section from the sidebar. They can see the following tabs, depending on their role or access rights.
This tab is visible to all employees and displays all courses with at least one session open to self enrolment. Employees can view the catalog and join courses using the Sign up button.
Administrators and employees with edit rights to Training can manage courses and sessions in the catalog. Management functionalities include:
- Add new training courses and training course sessions.
- Edit course details or edit session details.
- Manage training courses and training course sessions.
This tab is visible to all employees and contains both planned courses and training history.
The Employee training tab provides an overview of individual employee training records. Only Administrators, employees with edit rights to Training, and Supervisors can view this tab.
- Supervisors can only see their direct reports.
- Admins and those with edit rights can see all employees.
Under Performance & Development > Goals, Personio offers the possibility to configure and manage performance goals for all employees in your organization. Here, you can:
- Create and configure goals . For each goal, you can define appropriate subgoals to measure progress.
- Link a goal to a salary bonus, and choose how to distribute the bonus between weighted subgoals.
- Comment on goals to ensure constant, transparent communication with your reports or your supervisor.
- Export goals to PDF.
- See the complete history of a goal.
For more information on what goals you can view and edit depending on your role and access rights, see our View and edit access in the Performance & Development area article.
Learn more and sign up
See the Personio Performance & Development page to express your interest and learn more about how our solution fits into your needs.
Set up the Performance & Development area
If you're an admin and you need to set up the Performance & Development area, follow these steps: