Important! We are currently developing and improving Performance & Development functionalities. You may notice discrepancies between the Help Center article content and the Personio application at this time.
This article explains the Performance settings for allocating bonus salaries and how to create feedback form templates.
1. Configure Bonus Distribution
In your account, navigate to Settings > PERFORMANCE > Performance > General and click on Edit next to General performance settings. Choose the interval for paying performance-based bonuses. The following options are available:
- End of period
- After period
- Distribute evenly over period
Find out more about the different bonus distribution options.
2. Create Form Templates
To create forms that can be used for the feedback section of the Performance tab (in the employee profile), go to Settings > PERFORMANCE > Performance > Form templates. You can customize the information to be collected regarding an employee's performance.
To create a new form, click on the Create a new form button, give a name to the template and click on Create.
You can then add questions by following these steps:
- Click on the Add questions button.
- In the configuration window, enter your question and click on Add to save the question.
- In the dropdown menu, select the type of answer that should be used.
Find out more about how to configure the different types of questions in your form templates.
- You can then decide whether you would like to Allow evaluators to provide a comment on the option they chose, and if you want this question to be mandatory, by ticking the respective boxes.
- Finally, you can edit the question by clicking on it. Don't forget to click on the Save button to make sure your changes are reflected.
Once your template is created, you can then use the drag and drop function to organize the questions in your preferred order.
If you would like to reuse the settings you already made for a question, you have the option to duplicate questions. This will result in the settings of your answer's type being copied in a new question. To do this, click on the Duplicate button next to your question. You can only duplicate your questions within the same form.
Once you are done, click on the Save button.
For more information on how to use the form templates for managing your employee's performance, see Performance Management Best Practices.