This article explains the Performance settings for allocating bonus salaries and how to create feedback form templates.
Configure bonus distribution
In your account, navigate to Settings > Performance & Development > Performance & Development > General and click on Edit next to General performance settings. Choose the interval for paying performance-based bonuses. The following options are available:
- End of period
- After period
- Distribute evenly over period
After the bonus distribution is configured, you can link a goal to a performance-based bonus.
Create form templates
Note Only Administrators and employees with edit rights for Performance & Development settings can create feedback form templates.
You can use templates in performance review cycles, or when giving continuous feedback. Personio allows you to configure the number and type of questions in the form.
To create a new form, navigate to Performance & Development > Settings. Click Create a new form, input a name for the template and click Create.
The configuration page will open. To configure the template, follow these steps:
- To edit the form title, click the pencil icon on the upper right hand side.
- You can create sections to organize the template questions. To do so, click the plus sign next to Sections. Then click the relevant section to configure it.
- To edit the name of a section, click the pencil sign next to it. You can add a description by clicking Give your section an optional description.
- To add a question under a section, click Add question. Enter the name and the type of question (open, binary, traffic light or scale). Configure the question as needed.
- Optional: To make a question mandatory, or to allow comments, click the respective toggles.
- Optional: To make the template available for employees when giving continuous feedback, select Enable this template for continuous feedback.
- Click Save.
▶︎ To duplicate or delete sections and questions, click Duplicate or Delete on the selected element.
▶︎ Use the handle icon to drag and drop questions and sections where needed. When moving a section, all questions currently under it move as well.
For more information on how to use the form templates for managing your employee's performance, see Best Practices: Performance feedback form templates.