In this article, you will learn how to integrate elearnio in Personio. You will get an overview of the requirements, together with instructions, for setting up this integration with the Personio employee data API.
What is elearnio?
elearnio offers a web-based solution for digital preboarding, onboarding and training, enabling companies to educate their employees before their first day at their new company.
This integration allows you to automatically create user accounts for your employees in elearnio and keep them up to date. User imports and updates in elearnio are therefore very easy and fast.
How do I set up the Integration Between elearnio and Personio?
To start the activation in Personio, follow these steps:
- Go to the Marketplace and search for the integration.
- Click on the integration to open the drawer with further details.
- Select Connect to start the activation process.
- Click Generate new API credentials.
- Copy the client ID and secret and click Go to website to finish the setup in the partner's service environment.
Setting up the elearnio Integration
- Make sure you have elearnio admin rights.
- As Admin in elearnio, go to Settings > Integrations.
Click on + New
- Choose an appropriate name for the integration in the Name field (for example, "Personio Integration").
- Select Personio in the dropdown type field.
Enter the appropriate Personio values in the Client ID and Secret fields.
- If you want to automatically send invitations to elearnio to your employees, select the option Send invitations automatically.
- Using the Group Assignment option, select whether you want to assign employees to groups. The options are: -, which means no assignment; Department, which means that the assignment is based on a Personio department.; Team, which means that the assignment is based on a Personio team.
- Select Save & Synchronize to start the synchronization process.
After the synchronization is finished, you will receive a summary email.
What Data is Transferred?
Master data attributes from Personio are transferred to the elearnio user account.
Employee Data Attributes
- Last name
- First name
Filtering is based on the Personio custom attribute elearnio Sync. Only employees with the value yes are created or updated in elearnio.
What are the Costs?
For information on elearnio's pricing, please have a look at elearnio's website.
Who do I Contact at elearnio?
If you have any questions about the elearnio / Personio integration, contact the elearnio team at