In this article, you will learn how to integrate elearnio in Personio. You will get an overview of the requirements, together with instructions, for setting up this integration with the Personio employee data API.
What is elearnio?
elearnio offers a web-based solution for digital preboarding, onboarding and training, enabling companies to educate their employees before their first day at their new company.
This integration allows you to automatically create user accounts for your employees in elearnio and keep them up to date. User imports and updates in elearnio are therefore very easy and fast.
How do I set up the Integration Between elearnio and Personio?
Create the Attribute elearnio Sync in Personio
- To define the employees, teams or departments that should be synchronized to elearnio, you need to create an attribute in the personnel file in Personio.
- Create an attribute elearnio Sync - selection list with values yes / no (Personio attribute).
- Assign the value yes to each employee who should be synchronized to elearnio (Personio mass edit).
Generate Credentials in Personio
You need to generate new API credentials for this integration in Personio via Settings > API credentials. When an integration is selected from the drop-down menu, the system usually automatically preselects most of the system attributes that need to be read or written by the integration. You can add or remove attributes manually if required. For more information on how to do this, read our Help Center article on how to generate and manage API credentials.
Under Personal data, ensure that the Employees checkbox is selected under the Read column.
Also, make sure that you enable the attributes listed below via the Readable employee attributes drop-down menu:
- Last name
- First name
- elearnio Sync
Setting up the elearnio Integration
- Make sure you have elearnio admin rights.
- As Admin in elearnio, go to Settings > Integrations.
Click on + New
- Choose an appropriate name for the integration in the Name field (for example, "Personio Integration").
- Select Personio in the dropdown type field.
Enter the appropriate Personio values in the Client ID and Secret fields.
- If you want to automatically send invitations to elearnio to your employees, select the option Send invitations automatically.
- Using the Group Assignment option, select whether you want to assign employees to groups. The options are: -, which means no assignment; Department, which means that the assignment is based on a Personio department.; Team, which means that the assignment is based on a Personio team.
- Select Save & Synchronize to start the synchronization process.
After the synchronization is finished, you will receive a summary email.
What Data is Transferred?
Master data attributes from Personio are transferred to the elearnio user account.
Employee Data Attributes
- Last name
- First name
Filtering is based on the Personio custom attribute elearnio Sync. Only employees with the value yes are created or updated in elearnio.
What are the Costs?
For information on elearnio's pricing, please have a look at elearnio's website.
Who do I Contact at elearnio?
If you have any questions about the elearnio / Personio integration, contact the elearnio team at