Make the future greener by becoming a carbon-neutral employer with Personio and Planetly. This article explains how Personio Green helps you to become carbon-neutral and how to set up an API connection between Personio and Planetly.
What is Personio Green?
Personio Green is the result of a partnership between Personio and Planetly. As at least 56% of employees and job applicants report that it is important that their employer is “green”, i.e. socially responsible in terms of climate protection and sustainability, we have built this new offering.
Through an employee survey created within your Personio account, you can involve your employees in assessing your company's carbon footprint, and automatically transfer this data via API to Planetly. Planetly will help you in off-setting your carbon emissions. Once this is accomplished, you will get a Green Employer badge that you can use on your Personio login page and Personio career pages.
Personio will also reward your commitment with a 5% credit on your annual Personio payment. If you book Planetly through Personio's integration, you will avoid paying Planetly's initial consulting fee.
- Use Personio to collect and transmit employee data on carbon emissions to Planetly, without the need for a third-party tool.
- Make employees and candidates aware that you are a green employer.
- Get 5% off your annual Personio payment.
- Avoid paying Planetly's initial onboarding fee when booking their service via Personio Green.
To make the most of Personio Green, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Have a Personio Professional or Enterprise Package (to be able to set up the API connection to Planetly).
Ideally, you also use Personio's Recruiting Module, as the badge will then be visible on your Career page.
- An active subscription with Planetly.
- To receive the 5% credit on your annual Personio payment, you need to have a yearly Personio plan. The eligibility for this discount will be assessed each year.
- To activate the Green Employer badge and the 5% credit, Planetly needs to confirm with Personio that your company has been carbon-neutral for the current or past year.
- Note: The Planetly product is currently available in the following languages only: English and German.
Personio can help you to collect important employee data via an employee survey that is created within Personio, and transfer this data automatically via API to Planetly.
1. How to Activate the Employee Survey
Contact your Growth Manager by filling in this form, and mention that you would like to book Personio Green.
Personio will then set up the attributes for your employee survey for you.
Once the survey is created, it will appear in your Employee Profile section, and you can ask your employees to complete the survey.
2. Set up an API Connection between Personio and Planetly
You need to set up the API access to Personio so that Planetly can receive the data collected in Personio via the employee survey. To do this, you need to generate new API credentials for this integration in Personio via Settings > API credentials. In most cases, when selecting an integration from the drop-down menu, the system automatically preselects the system attributes that need to be read or written by the integration. You can add or remove attributes manually if required. For more information, read our Help Center article on how to generate and manage API credentials.
For Personio Green, you need to give Planetly Read rights for the following attributes:
- Hire date
- All attributes that are created as part of the employee survey.
Activate the Green Employer Badge
To activate the Green Employer badge, Planetly needs to confirm that your company has been carbon-neutral for the current or past year. Your Growth Manager can then activate the badge for you.
Once this is done, navigate to Settings > Recruiting > Career page > Personio Green and enter a URL to a site that explains your company's efforts to offset your carbon footprint. This can be either the microsite that Planetly creates for you or your own sustainability landing page.
Click Apply changes.
The Green Employer Badge will now appear on your Personio Login page, Career page, and Job Description pages, and when clicked on, it will redirect you to the Planetly microsite or your own sustainability landing page.
|Job description page|