This article explains which settings you will need to check before introducing Personio in your company. All these settings need to be configured to guarantee you a fully functioning Personio account.
Please make sure that the following settings are complete and correct.
- Your complete office address has been entered (except remote offices). This is important because external job portals request this information by default when using the recruiting section. You can find further information on this topic here.
- If your company grants additional "(half) days off" (e.g. on December 24 or 31), a custom public holiday calendar has been created under Settings > Public holidays and allocated to the corresponding locations. For further information, please click here.
- The details of up to two Authorized employees for support and instructions have been entered under Settings > Support, including a salutation and telephone number. Only authorized employees for support and instructions may submit requests to our Customer Service department and, if necessary, issue instructions.
Create a custom employee list view containing all the relevant attributes so that you can efficiently check all employee data for completeness. Find out how to customize columns and save views here.
- A hire date has been entered for all (internal) employees. You can find all the information you may need on this topic here.
- A supervisor has been entered for each employee profile. Find out here which functions this is linked to. This point can be ignored for employees without a supervisor (e.g. C-level).
- A salary has been entered for all employees (fixed or hourly salary).
- Each employee's weekly hours (on the Personal Info > HR information tab in the employee profile) correspond to their work schedule (on the Attendance tab of the employee profile). (You can quickly check this using the employee list for all employees. You will need a view that contains both the Weekly hours and the Working hours). The work schedule affects the attendance balance and the prorated calculation of leave entitlement. Click here for further detailed information.
- An accrual policy has been assigned to each employee who accrues leave entitlement. Find out here how to assign accrual policies.
- Personio allows you to store various Accounting groups that you can use to create separate payroll exports. Accounting groups can be created based on any attribute of the List of options type. If you have created accounting groups (e.g. based on accounting type), this attribute must be filled out for all employees. Find out here how to create a clear payroll preview by defining accounting groups and periods.
DATEV Integration (relevant for Germany only)
You can skip the next two points if you do not use DATEV integration.
- The Advisor ID and Tenant ID have been saved under Settings > Salary & Payroll > Employer information.
- The authorization process for using the DATEVConnect online service (DATEV Lohnimportdatenservice, DATEV Lohnauswertungsdatenservice) has been carried out. You can find further information here.
- The total number of hours within any work schedule that you define under Settings > Attendance corresponds to the number of hours specified in the title of the work schedule. For example, if you have created a work schedule called "Part-time 20h, Mo-Fr," the work schedule should contain a total of twenty hours.
- For absence types such as Sickness, Sick child or Home office, the setting Allow employees who are substituing for a colleague to request absence is set to Yes. This allows employees who are substituting for a colleague for a defined time period and, for example, are sick on that day to request the Sickness absence type in Personio. You can find more detailed information on this topic here.
- The setting Consider attendance days during absence period as overtime? has been set to Yes for all "real" absence types. This setting should be disabled for the absence type Home office, for example, because this is only a physical absence from the office. You can read about the three effects this setting has in this Helpcenter article.
- If you have enabled accrual for an absence type (e.g. Paid vacation), the corresponding accrual policies have been created. Click here to find out how to configure (leave) accrual policies.
- All employees have been assigned to the appropriate employee roles under Settings > Employee roles.
- The employee role All employees and all other employee roles have access to the newly created Personal data sections, Document categories and Absence types (+ calendar access).
- The employee role All employees has proposal rights for the document category Absence certificates.
- Supervisors have access to the required personal data and absence types for their employees via the All employees role or via a supervisor role (My employees access rights).
- Reminders have been created and at least viewing rights have been granted for the relevant section.
- The aggregated absence calendar has been configured in accordance with the calendar access in the employee roles.
- The approval processes have been saved and all approvers have access to the relevant sections. Click here for further information on this topic.
Administrators have the option of logging in as a specific employee in order to check access rights. To do this, go to the employee's profile and click on Login as this employee in the top right.
- The responsible employees have been added to all the on-/offboarding groups. (You can use on-/offboarding Groups if, for example, you want to assign responsibility for a particular Onboarding step to a group of employees. You can find further information on this here.)
To get the most out of your Personio account, we also recommend that you check the following settings.
If you would like to receive the latest information about potential limitations to Personio's functionality, please register your email address on our status update page.
- Your company's logo and all company information have been saved under Settings > Company. You can find more detailed information on this topic here.
- If you would like to save custom sections and attributes in several languages, the translations for all the languages you use have been entered. You can find further information on this topic here.
- Departments and teams that are not in use have been deleted.
- Weekly hours have been entered for every department. You can find further information on this topic here.
- All payroll-relevant absence types have been added under Settings > Salary & Payroll in the Absence types on the absence tab section so that the relevant absence periods will be listed in the payroll.
- Absence types that can be requested as half days have been configured accordingly (e.g. for Paid vacation, the setting Enable half-day requests? has been set to Yes).
- On- and offboarding steps have been created for all on- and offboarding templates.
- Items have been added to all on- and offboarding steps.
- If you have created an on- or offboarding step that includes the task element Download document, the relevant documents have been uploaded. You can find further information here.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We are happy to help you! Just write us a message with your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a request