In the future, the Personio Career page will be available at the URL myaccount.jobs.personio.de. This article explains the effects this will have on you and what changes you need to make for integrating your career page so that you can continue to use it as before. This also applies if you are using your own career page and access positions for this page via Personio's XML feed.
Please note that the switch to the new URL myaccount.jobs.personio.de is mandatory if you wish to continue to use the Career page. This step must be completed by May 31st, 2021. The old URL (myaccount-jobs.personio.de) will no longer be available after that date.
Both URLs will be available in parallel during the transition phase to make the switch easier for you. During the transition phase, all users clicking on the old URL for your career page will be automatically redirected. They will be automatically taken to the new URL. This does not apply to XML integration, however.
Advantages of the new URL
The reason for the new URL is a technical update of the Personio Career page, which not only ensures enhanced performance and better technical availability, but also establishes a basis for important future features.
As Personio offers brand-new hosting technology thanks to the technical update, you now benefit from a number of advantages:
- Better availability, faster loading times and improved security against phishing attacks: The new Career page offers impressive state-of-the-art AWS technologies.
- Enhanced performance: We are now able to scale up very quickly and fully automatically based on the hit rates to your Career page. This ensures that your page always loads fast and has high availability.
- Always online: The Career page will no longer be affected by Personio system failures.
By switching to the new URL, you gain full access to these benefits. You'll also be prepared for future developments we are already planning for:
- Different Career pages for sub-companies: Switching to the new URL is essential if you wish to be able to use different Career pages for your sub-companies.
- International domains: We are working on enabling additional domains (such as .com or .es) for your Personio Career page based on the technical update.
Note that the redirection from the old to the new URL, which we will enable automatically for you during the transition phase, will also give you access to these advantages. However, we suggest that you still make the switch to the new URL, as the Personio Career page will no longer work after June 2021 because the old URL and the redirection from it will no longer be available after that time.
URL Switch in Three Easy Steps
- First, check how the Personio Career page is integrated into your website. This could be via a link, an iframe or using XML. You could also be using a combination of two options (link and XML) – if that is the case, please make the changes for both integration types.
If you are not sure which type of integration you are using, please contact your website administrator. If you need additional support, feel free to contact our Service Team.
- Follow the instructions in the relevant chapter of this article to make the switch. Depending on how the page is integrated with your website, the switch can take anywhere from a few minutes to about two hours.
- We suggest that you get expert help for the switch to ensure that it is done quickly and seamlessly. The integration of the Career page via Iframe or XML in particular requires specialist technical knowledge.
Please make sure to verify all existing links to content on the Personio Career page and update them if required, for example if you link to a particular position ad or application form on your website.
Integration of the Career Page Via a Link
If you have integrated the Personio Career page into your website via a link and also have links to the Personio Career page within your website navigation, you'll need to update all of these links. Contact your website administrator to have this done. The administrator will only need to change one character in the link. Change the link from https://myaccount-jobs.personio.de to https://myaccount.jobs.personio.de.
Make sure that each and every link on your website that points to the Personio Career page is updated.
Time required: up to one hour
Integration of the Career Page Via Iframe
If you have integrated the Personio Career page into your website via Iframe, please contact your website administrator to make the necessary changes for switching to the new URL in the website code. This may require some programming knowledge. For further information about integrating the Career page via Iframe, please visit the Developer Hub.
The link integrated into the Iframe code, or more specifically the src attribute in the respective tag, needs to be updated. To find the src attribute, search the website code for a tag that matches the following example: <iframe src=“https://myaccount-jobs.personio.de ...>.
This tag needs to be changed and the new URL for the career page inserted: <iframe src=“https://myaccount.jobs.personio.de …>.
Time required: up to one hour
Integration of the Career Page Via XML
If your website lists positions that come from your Personio Career page but have a different design, then your Career page is most likely integrated via XML (and API). We recommend that you work with your developers or internal IT department to make the switch to the new URL.
Ask them to update the URL used to access the XML feed. They need to change it from https://myaccount-jobs.personio.de/xml to https://myaccount.jobs.personio.de/xml.
Also ensure that the integration uses TLS 1.2 to access the XML feed. The TLS update improves your XML feed security, plus the new URL no longer supports TLS 1.0 or 1.1.
Please note that there is no redirection from the old to the new URL for XML integrations. Be sure to also check whether you are using integration via link on your career page in addition to integration via XML, and if that is the case, make the necessary changes.
Time required: up to two hours
Changes for Postings and Promotion
The links for the Promote feature and the tracking links are already updated. You therefore don't need to make any changes here.
Redirection ensures that candidates will continue to be directed to your application form even if they click on an old link in existing postings.
If you link to your postings from external websites or social networks to better promote them, make sure that you'll use the new URL for the Personio Career page in the future.
If you and your developers or internal IT department have any questions as you update the career page, please contact your website administrator first. Our Service Team will be happy to help if you need additional support.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We are happy to help you! Just write us a message with your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a request