In this article, you will learn how to download and use the Personio mobile app on your smartphone. You will also get an overview of the different features available in the app, which you will be able to access depending on your access rights.
Download the mobile app
The Personio app is currently available for iOS and Android smartphones. The links below will take you directly to their respective app stores, where you can download the app free of charge:
Log in to the mobile app
- Enter your company hostname. It's the same URL that you use to access Personio via browser.
- Enter your Personio account email and password. Alternatively, enter the same set of login credentials that you use for the Google apps (ifyour company has enabled Google SSO).
- Enter the token generated by your mobile device if your company has enabled two-factor authentication.
- Complete any extra security features enabled by your company, such as face or fingerprint authentication.
If you close the Personio mobile app, you will need to identify yourself again for security reasons.
Explore the mobile app dashboard
Once you have successfully logged in, your dashboard will open automatically in the app. The dashboard includes the following sections, which you will be able to access depending on your access rights.
If there are documents you need to submit, for example, a sickness certificate if you have been ill, a reminder will be displayed on the dashboard until you have done so.
See at a glance which of your colleagues are not in the office today and when they will return.
See which of your colleagues are celebrating their birthday today as well as the upcoming birthdays for the next five days.
Depending on the settings of your company's Personio account, you may be restricted from viewing the birthday information. Contact your Company's Personio Administrator for more information.
Track time via the mobile app
You can track your working hours from the mobile app, in addition to doing so from the Personio desktop app. To track time, go to the dashboard and either tap on the Start/Stop button or on the + button.
To either approve other employees' working hours or to check your attendance information (as well as to edit/delete previous time entries), you need to log in to the Personio desktop app.
Request absences via the mobile app
- Go to the app dashboard and tap on the + button.
- Tap the Request absence option.
- Select the relevant absence from all the absence types that are available to you. Currently, only daily absences can be requested via the Personio App.
- Select the date and also specify if it's a full-day absence or a half-day absence.
- Alternatively, upload a document. You can also do so at a later time after requesting the absence.
- Alternatively, also add a note.
- Tap Request absence to either successfully register the time, or to generate an absence request.
- Go back to the app dashboard to check the status of the absence request. When approved, a new entry will be created in your Absence tab, and will be visible through the Personio desktop app.
Search for employee information
- Go to the app dashboard and tap on the employee list button (next to the + button).
- Search for the relevant employee name to filter them on the list results.
- Click on the relevant employee to access their Public profile section.
Regardless of the viewing rights you have in the Personio desktop app, you will only be able to see other employees' Public profile section via the mobile app. This means that you will only be able to access publicly shared information rather than entire employee profiles.