This article gives you an overview of the various functions available in candidate profiles.
Personio automatically generates candidate profiles for all online applications you receive and assigns them to the respective positions. Candidate profiles can also be generated manually by clicking on Recruiting > Applications > Create application. Click here for a detailed description of how applications can be integrated into the recruiting tool.
All candidate profiles are then directly accessible from the job ad. Click on an candidate’s name to open the respective candidate profile. Navigate directly to the various sections within the profile to manage these. Read on for an overview of all of the options available in the profile.
If a candidate applies for several positions, separate profiles are created for each. Personio marks each of these profiles accordingly and creates links between them.
(1) Overview: This is where you find a summary of all processes which have taken place since the application was received, including all status changes and feedback comments received. Now you can see even for completed feedbacks when and by which employee they were requested.
(2) Profile: The Profile tab contains the sections Candidate Information and Documents.
The Candidate Information includes all the details you have previously requested via the application form. It contains the Candidate attributes that you have added under Settings > Recruiting > Attributes. Some attributes are predefined, but you also have the option to create custom attributes for maintaining candidate information, which you can enter manually or collect directly via the application form. To edit the information in the profile, use the pencil icon. The system attributes are immediately visible. Click on More Information to also edit your custom candidate attributes.
Click on Settings > Recruiting > Roles to assign separate access rights for the Candidate Profile and HR information sections and thus control employees’ access to specific aspects of the application process. When creating custom candidate attributes, please note in which section you place the respective information.
The Documents section contains all application files received as attachments to emails, via the online application form or which you have uploaded directly to the candidate's profile. You can directly see for which document categories files exist and get a preview of the respective documents. Click on the arrow buttons above the preview window to switch between the individual documents within a document category. You can also download the documents or open them as a preview in a new browser tab.
To upload more documents or delete files, click on the pencil icon. You can upload documents individually or in bulk by clicking or using the drag & drop function. Lastly, you can then assign the appropriate document category to each document. Note that the access rights to the candidate documents are defined via the recruiting roles. Assign different viewing and editing rights for different document categories for the employees involved.
When the recruiting process for a candidate is completed and you hire them, you will find a link in the candidate profile to the employee profile. Find out here how to make an offer to the candidate and set up an employee profile.
(3) Interviews: Here, you can schedule interviews and store them directly in Personio. All participants receive an email invitation to the interview if the relevant option is activated in the general recruiting settings. You can optionally link the interview to an evaluation form to collect feedback on the candidate from all participants after the interview. Click here to find out how to create and schedule interviews in Personio.
(4) Messages: Click on the Messages tab to communicate with candidates by email. Here, you will find the entire message history and can write and send new emails to the candidate. Incoming emails are automatically assigned based on the email address and are included in the message history of the corresponding candidate profile. If necessary, messages can be manually assigned to another profile using the button with the three dots. If there is a new, unread message, a blue dot appears in both, the candidate profile and the application list. If the appropriate settings have been set for your recruiting role, you will also receive an email notification about the new message.
If necessary, messages that were accidentally assigned incorrectly can be manually assigned to another candidate's profile using the button with the three dots. The message retains its original processing status: If the to-do was still open, the email also appears in the new profile with a blue dot. If the to-do was already closed, the email is placed in the message history without any special marking.
If your account has the Productivity-Plus package extension, you can use email templates to write messages. With the Automation-Plus extension, you can schedule the sending of messages for later. For more information on email configurations, click here.
If an existing candidate’s email address changes, their incoming messages are filed under Unassigned messages, where they can be assigned to the respective profile by clicking on Process > Assign existing candidate. Messages received from candidates who have already been accepted or rejected are also stored in the Unassigned Messages.
(5) Evaluations: Personio allows you to create standardized evaluation forms to collect structured feedback from all employees involved in the interview process. The tab also provides an overview of all evaluations produced to date.
(6) Comments: Use the Comments option for internal communications or to store review comments. Depending on your settings, you receive an email notification every time a comment is entered. Unread comments also appear in the overview of open to-dos in the job overview.
(7) Offer: If the candidate has convinced you during the whole application process, you can manage the offer creation in Personio in the next step. To do this, generate a new contract offer with or without a draft contract from a template using Offer. You can find out how to create offers for candidates here.
Once you have reached an agreement with the candidate, you have the option of accepting them. This automatically creates an employee profile which remains linked to the candidate profile. The saved candidate documents are created directly in the documents section of the new employee profile under the category Application documents when the candidate is accepted.
(8) Access: In the access tab, you can see at a glance the people responsible for the job posting as defined in the job details. You can also give other employees access to the candidate profile you have just opened, including the appropriate recruiting role, without having to create an evaluation or interview – and withdraw it again if necessary. Learn more in this article.
(9) Add tag: If necessary, add an tag via click on Add tag. This allows you to mark referrals of existing employees, for example. Via the candidate list under Applications the respective candidate groups can be identified in the course of the further recruiting process.
(10) Mark with flag: You can use a flag to mark top candidates that you want to highlight. You can also filter the application list according to the selected candidates or sort it using the Priority column.
The link only appears to employees who are assigned a recruiting role that has at least the right to view positions.
(12 ) Documents: You can use this button to open and download all documents stored in the candidate profile at once.
(13 ) Feedback: Under Request feedback you have the possibility to request an informal feedback comment from a colleague, e.g. with the request to check the CV in advance. You can add a description of any length to the request. Afterwards you will find all feedback entries on the candidate under the tab Comments. Alternatively, you can select an evaluation form to be filled out for the candidate, the results will then appear in the Evaluations tab.
In addition to the task in the dashboard and the overview in the candidate profile, evaluation forms to be completed or open feedback comments are also displayed directly in the respective tab (Evaluations or Notes) for the feedback provider. As soon as the evaluation has been submitted, the task is considered completed.
(15) Application phase: This button shows the current recruiting phase the candidate is in. You can use Move To to let the candidate continue the recruiting process.Click here to find out how to create recruiting phases in Personio.
(16) Reject: You can click on Reject to terminate a candidate’s application at any time, regardless of your company’s application processes. For further information please click here.
Please note that both the deletion and anonymization of candidate data are irreversible. The data cannot be restored, but anonymized candidate data will still be available for your reports.
(17) Arrow buttons: Use the arrows to switch between the candidate profiles within the selected position and application phase.
(18 ) Copy application link: You can use the Copy application link button to copy the URL of the application to your clipboard. You can then send the link to your colleagues, for example, who have access to this application.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We are happy to help you! Just write us a message with your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a request