This article gives you an overview of the various functions available in applicant profiles.
Personio automatically generates applicant profiles for all online applications you receive and assigns them to the respective job ads. Applicant profiles can also be generated manually by clicking on Recruiting > View job details > Add applicant. Click here for a detailed description of how applications can be integrated into the recruiting tool.
All applicant profiles are then directly accessible from the job ad. Click on an applicant’s name to open the respective applicant profile. Navigate directly to the various sections within the profile to manage these. Read on for an overview of all of the options available in the profile.
If a candidate applies for several positions, separate profiles are created for each. Personio marks each of these profiles accordingly and creates links between them.
(1) Overview: This is where you find a summary of all processes which have taken place since the application was received, including all status changes and feedback comments received.
(2) Profile: The Profile tab contains the sections Candidate Information and Documents.
The Candidate Information includes all the details you have previously requested via the application form. It contains the attributes that you have added under Settings > Recruiting > Candidates. Some attributes are predefined, but you also have the option to create additional attributes for maintaining applicant information, which you can enter manually or collect directly via the application form. To edit the information in the profile, use the pencil icon. The predefined attributes are immediately visible. Click on More Information to also edit your user-defined applicant attributes.
Click on Settings > Recruiting > Roles to assign separate access rights for the Candidate Profile and HR information sections and thus control employees’ access to specific aspects of the application process. When creating the applicant attributes, please note in which section you place the respective information.
The Documents section contains all application files received as attachments to emails, via the online application form or which you have uploaded directly to the applicants profile.
You can directly see for which document categories files exist and get a preview of the respective documents. Click on the arrow buttons above the preview window to switch between the individual documents within a document category. You can also download the documents or open them as a preview in a new browser tab.
To upload more documents or delete files, click on the pencil icon. You can upload documents individually or collectively by clicking or using the drag & drop function. Lastly you can then assign the appropriate document category to each document.
Once you have completed the recruiting process and hired the candidate, you will find a link to the employee profile in the Profile tab. Learn how to make an offer to the candidate and create an employee profile.
(3) Interviews: Here, you can schedule interviews and store them directly in Personio. All participants receive an email invitation to the interview if the relevant option is activated in the general recruiting settings. You can optionally link the interview to an evaluation form to collect feedback on the applicant from all participants after the interview. Click here to find out how to create and schedule interviews in Personio.
(4) Messages: Click on the Messages tab to communicate with applicants by email. Here, you will find the entire message history and can write and send new emails to the applicant. Incoming emails are automatically assigned based on the email address and are included in the message history of the corresponding applicant profile. If necessary, messages can be manually assigned to another profile using the button with the three dots. If there is a new, unread message, a blue dot appears in both, the applicant profile and the application list. If the appropriate settings have been set for your recruiting role, you will also receive an email notification about the new message.
If necessary, messages that were accidentally assigned incorrectly can be manually assigned to another applicant profile using the button with the three points. The message retains its original processing status: If the to-do was still open, the e-mail also appears in the new profile with a blue dot. If the to-do was already closed, the message is placed in the message history without any special marking.
If your account has the Productivity-Plus package extension, you can use email templates to write messages. With the Automation-Plus extension, you can schedule the sending of messages for later. For more information on email configurations, click here.
If an existing applicant’s email address changes, their incoming messages are filed in the recruiting inbox, where they can be assigned to the respective profile by clicking on Process > Assign existing applicant. Messages received from applicants who have already been accepted or rejected are also stored in the inbox.
(5) Evaluations: Personio allows you to create standardized evaluation forms to collect structured feedback from all employees involved in the interview process.
(6) Comments: Use the Comments option for internal communications or to store review comments. Depending on your settings, you receive an email notification every time a comment is entered. Unread comments also appear in the overview of open to-dos in the job overview.
(7) Offer: If you have been impressed by a candidate throughout the application process, Personio makes it easy to create and manage job offers in the next step. To do so, first generate an offer with or without a contract based on a template by clicking on Offers. Click here to find out how to create applicant offers.
Once you have reached an agreement with a candidate, you can simply accept them to automatically create an employee profile, which remains linked to the applicant profile. Once an applicant has been accepted, all saved applicant documents are transferred directly to the Application documents section in the new employee profile.
(8) Access: All employees who have access to the application in addition to those responsible for the job posting are listed here. This access can also be removed directly here.
(9) Tags: If necessary, add applicant tags by clicking on Add Tag. This allows you to mark recommendations from existing employees, for example. The applicant list under Applications allows you to identify the applicant groups during the rest of the recruiting process.
(10) Mark with flag: You can flag top applicants that you want to highlight. You can further filter the application list by the applicants you have marked, or sort it using the Priority column.
(11) View job details: This link takes you to the detail page of the job posting. This enables you to check the planned start date or the requirements of the vacant position again shortly before an interview, for example, and compare these with the applicant profile.
The link only appears to employees who are assigned a recruiting role that has at least the right to view job postings.
(12) Applicant documents: This button allows you to open and download all documents stored in the applicant profile at once.
(13) Feedback: Under Request feedback, you have the possibility to request an informal feedback comment from a colleague; e.g. with the request to check the CV in advance. You can add a description of any length to the request. You will then find all feedback comments on the applicant under the Notes tab. Alternatively, you can select an evaluation form to be filled out for the applicant, the results will then appear in the tab Evaluations.
In addition to the task in the dashboard and the overview in the applicant profile, evaluation forms or open feedback comments are also displayed directly in the respective tab (Evaluations or Notes). As soon as the evaluation has been submitted at a position, the task is considered completed.
(14) Recruiting Phase: This button shows the current recruiting phase the applicant is in. Transfer the applicant to the relevant recruiting phase to do this. Click here to find out how to create recruiting phases in Personio.
You also have the option of assigning the applicant to a different job via Assign to.
(15) Copy application link: The Copy application link button enables you to copy the URL of the application to your clipboard. You can then, for example, send the link to your colleagues who have access to this application.
(16) Reject: You can click on Rejection to terminate a candidate’s application at any time, regardless of your company’s application processes. For further information please click here.
Please note that both the deletion and anonymization of applicant data are irreversible. The data cannot be restored, but anonymized applicant data will still be available for your reports.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We are happy to help you! Just write us a message with your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a request