We are updating our Help Center articles to reflect changes to Personio that improve the user experience. As these changes will be released gradually, you may notice differences between the article content and your Personio application during this update process.
Select the Applications tab in the Recruiting section to see an overview of all applications received. Here, you can compare individual parameters and carry out specific actions. This article explains the different functionalities of the applications list.
Filter by job
Use filters to decide which applications should be displayed.
- Select All jobs to display all applications for jobs you have viewing or editing rights for.
- Use the filter My jobs to see applications for jobs which you were added as hiring team member.
- Select the filter Archived jobs to see the applications for past jobs that have been archived.
- You can also filter for all jobs within a recruiting category or for individual jobs.
Jobs are only displayed if you are part of the hiring team for the respective jobs, if you have admin rights, or if you have edit rights for the entire recruiting section.
The applications list has multiple filter options:
- Filter for all applications with an open To-Do. Choose between overdue applications, unreplied messages, failed messages, unread evaluations and unread comments.
- Filter for the current recruiting stage of the applications.
- Filter for Tags to see candidates you have marked with a candidate tag.
- Filter for Channel to see applications received via a particular recruiting channel.
In the Priority column of the applications list, you can filter for top candidates who have been flagged at some point during the application process.
By default, Personio will display candidates in the current application pipeline. Select More filters and activate the checkboxes to include anonymized applications to also display any anonymized applications or show prioritized applications.
Using recruiting stages, you can reflect your company's specific application process in Personio from the time an application is received, right through to the candidate being offered the job.
Follow these steps to create and assign recruiting stages:
- Go to Settings > Recruiting > Recruiting > Stages
- Set up the different recruiting stages that candidates should go through.
- To move the candidates between the different stages, go to Recruiting > Applications
- Click on the checkbox next to the candidate's name
- Click on the Actions button and choose Change stage. This will allow the candidate's current status to be reflected so you always have an up-to-date overview of all applications in the candidate pipeline.
All the candidates for each job, as well as the different stages, are displayed under Recruiting > Jobs. Click on a stage to be taken directly to the relevant job and to see all the candidates who are currently in that stage. In the job window, candidates can be moved between the different stages.
Direct access to candidate profiles
Click on any line in the list of applications to see the profile of the respective candidate in a sidebar. This function allows you to work directly in the profile, for example, to reply to messages or to request feedback.
Each column in the candidate list can be sorted in ascending or descending order. Depending on the selected column, the sorting is done either alphabetically or chronologically. Keep in mind that you can only sort one column, not several at once.
Days in stage
The column Days in stage shows how many days a candidate has already been in the current stage. If a candidate has exceeded the maximum number of days that have previously been defined for that stage, it will be highlighted in a different color. Learn how to configure recruiting stages.
Display open to-dos in the candidate list
Applications in the candidate list that require an action on your part, have a blue dot or a red exclamation point.
Only the following employees will see these open to-dos:
▶︎ The Hiring team of a job
▶︎ Employees with edit rights for the entire recruiting section
Open to-dos appear in the following areas and have the following meanings:
A blue dot in the column Evaluations means that there is a new evaluation in the candidate profile that hasn't been read yet. Click on this area to be taken directly to the new evaluation. The blue dot will no longer appear in the overview. Learn more about usingEvaluation forms to assess candidates.
|A blue dot under Comments means that there is a comment in the candidate profile that you have not read yet. When a candidate is flagged in this way, click on the blue dot to be taken directly to the comment tab in their profile. The entry will then automatically show as having been read, and the blue dot will no longer be displayed for that profile.
Check the boxes to select multiple applications and to bulk-edit them using the Actions button. The following actions are available:
- Anonymize application
- Change stage
- Close unreplied messages
- Delete application
- Send email
Click on the button Create application to add a new candidate profile manually. Then enter the candidate's details and click Confirm to complete the process. You have the option to upload any relevant application documents under the Profile tab.
The application data can be exported in CSV or XLXS format using the Export button. They contain all candidate attributes (system attributes as well as user-defined attributes), job attributes and all data concerning which candidates have changed stage. Learn more about exporting application data.
If you would like to import candidate data instead, go to Imports and select Recruiting applications. Learn how to Import Application Data.