This article describes how access to the global calendar can be granted for different employee roles from the main menu. It also explains the different types of calendars.
You can find further information about how to manage the global calendar here.
Configuring Calendar Access
Go to Settings > Employee roles > Calendars to define which calendars the members of the given role should be able to access. All employees will always have access to their own personal calendars with reminders and meetings.
Calendar access rights relate to the global calendar (not the absence areas of individual employees). The access rights set here may override "View" permissions stored in the general access rights.
- My calendar shows all personal appointment entries, e.g. personal reminders, performance and recruiting interviews of the respective employee.
- Birthdays shows the birthdays of employees.
Start/end date shows the first working days and the end of employment.
An explanation of the difference between the end of employment and the End of contract is provided here.
Public holidays shows all public holidays.
Information on how to adjust the public holiday calendar can be found here.
Recruiting shows recruiting entries such as interviews.
Information on how to create recruiting interviews can be found here.
Absences shows which employees are absent without disclosing the reasons for their absences.
Information about how to customize the aggregated absence calendar can be found here.
- A list of your individual absence types such as "Vacation," "Illness," "Parental Leave," etc. is shown below.
You are able to define the scope of viewing rights for each calendar:
- No access prevents access to the respective calendar
- Global shows the events of all employees
- Own team shows events within one's own team
- Own department shows events within one's own department
- Own office shows events within one's own office
- Own subcompany shows events within one's own subcompany
- Other allows a special employee filter to be created
Configure an aggregated absence calendar for your employees to show information about colleagues' absences without revealing details about the reasons for their absences. Read this article to find out how to adjust the settings for the aggregated absence calendar.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We are happy to help you! Just write us a message with your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a request