This article explains how to set access permissions for the global calendar under the main menu for different employee roles. It also explains the different calendar types.
Find more information on managing the global calendar here.
Configuring Calendar Access
Go to Settings > Employee roles > Calendars to determine which calendars the employees with a particular role shall be able to access. Additionally, all employees will have access to their own personal calendars that show reminders and meeting appointments.
Calendar access rights apply for the global calendar only (and not for the absence section of single employees). Calendar access rights potentially overwrite the “View" right from the general access rights configuration.
- My calendar displays all personal appointments,
such as an employee’s personal reminders, performance, and recruiting appointments.
- Birthdays shows the employees’ birthdays.
- Start/end dates shows the first working days, as well as termination or contract expiration dates (as applicable).
Find the difference between Termination and Contract expiration explained here.
- Public holidays contains all public holidays.
Find information on adjusting the public holiday calendar here.
- Recruiting shows recruiting appointments, e.g. interviews.
Find information on setting up recruiting interviews here.
- Absences shows employees who are absent without displaying the reason for the absence.
Find information on different ways to adjust the aggregated absence calendar here.
- These are followed by a list of individual absence types, such as ‘Vacation’, ‘Sickness’, ‘Parental leave’, etc.
For each calendar, you can assign viewing rights at different levels:
- None: Access to the calendar is denied.
- Global: All employees’ events are displayed.
- Own team shows the events within one’s own team.
- Own department shows the events within one’s own department.
- Own office shows the events within one’s own office.
- Own sub-company shows the events within one’s own sub-company.
- Custom allows for special employee filters to be applied.
Configure an aggregated absence calendar for your employees that will show when colleagues are away, without revealing the reason for the absence. This article explains how to configure settings for an aggregated absence calendar.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We are happy to help you! Just write us a message with your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a request