This article describes how the access to the Company Calendar can be granted for different employee roles from the main menu. It also explains the different types of calendars.
You can find further information about the Company Calendar in our article The Calendar.
Configure the access to the Company Calendar
Calendar access rights relate to the Company Calendar (not the absence tabs of individual employees). The access rights set here may override "View" permissions stored in the general access rights.
To configure access rights for the Calendar, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > People > Employee Roles > Calendars.
- Use the drop-down menu to define the access for the different calendars.
All employees will always have access to their own personal calendars with reminders and meetings.
- My calendar shows all personal appointment entries. Example: personal reminders, performance and recruiting interviews of the respective employee.
- Birthdays shows the birthdays of employees.
- Start/end date shows the first working days and the end of employment.
An explanation of the difference between the end of employment and the end of contract is provided in our article What's the Difference between the Contract End Date and the Termination of an Employment?.
- Public holidays shows all public holidays.
Information on how to adjust the public holiday calendar can be found Assigning Public Holiday Calendars.
- Recruiting shows recruiting entries such as interviews.
Information on how to create recruiting interviews can be found Step 3: Generating Recruiting Interviews.
- Absences shows which employees are absent without disclosing the reasons for their absences.
Information about how to customize the Company Calendar can be found in the article about how to Configure the Company Calendar.
- A list of your individual absence types such as "Vacation," "Illness," "Parental Leave," etc. is shown below.
You are able to define the scope of viewing rights for each calendar:
- No access prevents access to the respective calendar.
- Global shows the events of all employees.
- Own team shows events within one's own team.
- Own department shows events within one's own department.
- Own office shows events within one's own office.
- Own subcompany shows events within one's own subcompany.
- Other allows a special employee filter to be created.
Configure the Company Calendar for your employees to show information about colleagues' absences without revealing details about the reasons for their absences. To find out how to adjust the settings for the Company Calendar, read our article about how to Configure the Company Calendar.