This article describes how the access to the Company Calendar can be granted for different employee roles from the main menu. It also explains the different types of calendars.
You can find further information about the Company Calendar in our article The Calendar.
Calendar access rights relate to the Company Calendar. They do not relate to the Absence tab within the Employee profile (Personal Calendar). However, the Company Calendar access rights may override the View access rights for the Absence tab.
Configure the access to the Company Calendar
To configure access rights for the Calendar, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > People > Employee Roles > Calendars.
- Use the drop-down menu to define the access for the different calendars:
- No access prevents access to the respective calendar.
- Global shows the events of all employees.
- My reports shows the events of one's direct and indirect reports.
- Own team shows events within one's own team.
- Own department shows events within one's own department.
- Own office shows events within one's own office.
- Own subcompany shows events within one's own subcompany.
- Other allows a special employee filter to be created.
Configure the Company Calendar for your employees to show information about colleagues' absences without revealing details about the reasons for their absences. To find out how to adjust the settings for the Company Calendar, read our article about how to Configure the Company Calendar
All employees will always have access to their own personal calendars with reminders and meetings.
- My calendar shows all personal appointment entries. Example: personal reminders, performance and recruiting interviews of the respective employee.
- Birthdays shows the birthdays of employees.
- Start/end dates shows the first working days and the end of employment.
An explanation of the difference between the end of employment and the end of contract is provided in our article What's the Difference between the Contract End Date and the Termination of an Employment?.
- Public holidays shows all public holidays.
Information on how to adjust the public holiday calendar can be found Assigning Public Holiday Calendars.
- Recruiting shows recruiting entries such as interviews.
Information on how to create recruiting interviews can be found Step 3: Generating Recruiting Interviews.
- Absences shows which employees are absent without disclosing the reasons for their absences. Information about how to customize the Company Calendar can be found in the article about how to Configure the Company Calendar.
- A list of your individual absence types such as "Vacation," "Illness," "Parental Leave," etc. is shown below.