This article describes how you can create new employees in Personio, and explains the four steps involved in the process.
To create a new employee, navigate to Employees > Employee list and click on the button Add employee in the upper-right corner.
1. Personal information
- First enter the new employee’s first and last name. These two fields are mandatory information.
- An email address can be added, which is recommended, as it impacts other features within Personio.
- Next, Personio gives you the option of having a Personio login and invitation email sent to the new employee.
2. HR Information
In this step, you can add important personal information about your new employee.
- Select the team, department, office, supervisor and subcompany.
- Enter the hire date, the duration of the probation period or the contract end date, and cost center.
Based on the department selected, the weekly hours are stored relative to 100%.
- If you have selected more than one cost center, please enter the percentages of the employee’s working time allocated to each.
3. Assign templates
- In this, you select the onboarding template*, working hour schedule (including its validity date), and the accrual policy for the new employee.
- Select a Working schedule.
Note For more information about working hour schedules, see our article Step 5: Configuring and Assigning Work Schedules.