This article explains how you can add existing candidate data to Personio by importing an Excel file or using CV parsing. Alternatively, candidates can be entered into the system manually. For further information, please click here.
Please note that you need to have administrator rights to import candidate data.
Bulk Importing Using an Excel Template
A bulk upload of existing candidate data allows you to import the data for any number of candidates into Personio via an Excel file. Personio automatically creates candidate profiles after import and assigns them to the relevant positions. This saves you a great deal of time and effort, especially when working with large data sets. To do an import, proceed as follows.
1. Record the Candidate Data in the Excel Template
First, prepare the import file as described below.
- Excel download: Prepare your data for the candidate data import. Use the corresponding Excel template, which is available for download on the right. Each line in the template should be used for one candidate.
- Data preparation: Enter your candidate data into the appropriate columns.
- Mandatory columns: first name, last name, email, position, status
- Recommended columns: recruiting channel, application date [format: DD.MM.YYYY], application tags
- Optional columns: rejection date [format: DD.MM.YYYY], rejection reason, comments
You can also add other custom candidate attributes such as salary expectations or the earliest possible start date to the Excel file. Please ensure that these candidate attributes have first been created in Personio.
- Data check: Check that your data is complete and free of errors. It is particularly important that your candidate data is correctly formatted and contains precise names.
2. Import the Excel File Into Personio
Import the candidate data once you have completed all preparatory steps. To do so, proceed as follows:
- Upload the file: Upload the file containing the candidate data from the Import section of your Personio account. Select the Application bulk upload file type.Personio supports imports using the file formats .csv, .xls or .xlsx. Click on Next to proceed with the import.
- Configure the columns: In the next step, assign the columns in your Excel file to the corresponding attributes stored in Personio.
Note that the words Phase and Status are both used to indicate the stage a candidate is currently in within the recruiting process. However, during the upload of candidate data, you need to select the attribute Status in order for the upload to work correctly.
- Preview the import: Click on Next to view a preview of the import in Personio. If any error messages are displayed, you can simply cancel the import and fix the relevant problems in the file. Start the import by clicking on Import.
We are very happy to assist you in importing your data. Data checks are particularly helpful in saving time and effort. Please feel free to contact our Support Team here if you are planning an import.
You can also follow the import process in Personio as explained in this video.
Bulk Importing Candidates Using CV Parsing
Rather than using an Excel template, you can use CV parsing to simultaneously extract information from up to 25 candidate resumes and automatically enter it into Personio.
You can find a detailed guide to manually creating one or more candidate profiles using CV parsing in this article.
Can't find what you're looking for?
We are happy to help you! Just write us a message with your questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a request