This article explains how to create a new position that you can then publish on the Personio career page or promote via Personio's Promote feature.
What is a position?
In the Personio recruiting section, the term Position refers to a vacancy that contains a description of the open position and the necessary translations of this description. A position in Personio can be advertised either on the Personio career page or on external job boards, so that candidates can apply for them.
The position is the focal point of all recruiting activities related to it. You can view these recruiting activities under the position's Details tab and in recruiting reports such as the Application Process System Report.
Create or duplicate a position
To create a position, you can either create an entirely new position, or simply duplicate an existing position.
Create a new position
To create a new job position, follow these steps:
Navigate to Recruiting > Positions.
Click on Create position. In the Create new position dialog that displays, enter the title of the new position, select the desired start date and, optionally, add a note.
Click Next, and select the Category, Subcompany, Department, Office, Occupation, Employment type, and Experience from the corresponding drop-down menus. Then click Save.Note
All fields marked as Required have to be filled in before you can save the metadata.
- On the position details page, under the Details tab, click on Add responsible to add the employee who is responsible for the position. Learn more about Position Details & Functions.
▶︎ Click on Position documents in the top-right corner of the position details page to add position documents.
▶︎ To edit the position metadata, click on Position actions and select Edit position metadata.
- Under the Description tab, click on Add a description to add a description of the position. You will be prompted to select the default language in which the description should be displayed on the Personio career page, and then to fill in the fields marked as Required.
- You can also add translations for your position descriptions. The language will only become available on the Personio career page if a translation was provided for all required position description fields. Learn more about Personio Career Page: Language Handling.
- If you prefer not to include all the job description fields in your posting, simply leave the fields blank that are not mandatory and which you don't require.
The About us section is added by default to every position. To edit this section, go to Settings > Recruiting > Recruiting > Career page > Translations.
To publish a position on the Personio career page, click on Publish.
If you delete the text from the position's Description tab, the status of the position will change to Draft, and it will no longer appear on your Personio career page.
Duplicate a position
If you duplicate a position, all the associated information including meta-information, openings, responsibles, position descriptions, and their translations is automatically added to the new position.
To duplicate a position, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Recruiting > Positions.
- Scroll to the position that you want to duplicate, and click on View details.
- In the top-right corner of the position, click on Position actions and select Duplicate position.
- Now you can edit the position's description as explained above from step 4 onwards.
Promote a Position
After you have published a position, you can promote the position on external job boards via Multiposting or Auto-posting. For more information about promoting positions on external job boards, read:
Tracking links help you to track positions and analyze which channels candidates used to apply for a position. Positions that are posted on the Personio career page, automatically track candidate responses and no further settings are necessary. All applications received via your Personio career page will show in the candidate profile Personio career page as the Channel.
In case you want to promote your position in external channels without using Personio's Promote feature, learn how to Use Tracking Links for External Recruiting Channels.