This article is step 1 of 9 of the implementation module Recruiting.
This article will help you decide what the best method to connect your corporate career page to Personio is, based on your requirements and preferences. If your company doesn’t have a corporate career page, create a career page using Personio instead.
Managing your company’s hiring process through Personio has several advantages, including:
- Receiving applications and candidate data directly in Personio without any manual effort.
- Automatically creating candidate profiles to streamline your candidate management process.
- Increasing the visibility of your job openings by publishing them on your career page as well as using Personio's Promote feature.
If you already have a company website, you can integrate your Personio career page either via link, iframe, or via XML. If you already have a corporate career page, and do not want to use the Personio career page or the Personio application form, you can transmit your jobs and candidate data via API.
The table below gives you an overview of the different options, and what you should consider for each of them:
|XML + API
|Personio URL visible
|Developer capacity required
Option one: Connect via link
The easiest way to connect your corporate career page to Personio is via link. Ask your website administrator to create a link or button on your corporate career page, and insert the URL of your Personio career page, myaccount.jobs.personio.de. Candidates will be directed to your Personio career page and will access all your job openings.
To apply, they will need to fill in your customized Personio application form with their data and upload the necessary application documents. All provided data and documents will be sent to Personio, creating a candidate profile that gets assigned to the corresponding job.
Option two: Integrate via iframe
Using an iframe, you can seamlessly embed the Personio career page in your website. Your candidates will find out the application form on the embedded page. This option offers limited design opportunities.
To apply, candidates will need to fill in your customized Personio application form with their data and upload the necessary application documents. All provided data and documents will be sent to Personio, creating a candidate profile that gets assigned to the corresponding job.
Learn how to integrate a Personio career page via iframe or link.
Option three: Connect via XML
Using the XML method, you can transfer the jobs that you manage in Personio to your corporate career page automatically. Once the Personio XML interface has been set up, you will only need to enter the jobs' information on Personio, avoiding further website maintenance.
With this option, you can present your jobs on your corporate career page according to your corporate design, and then takes candidates to your Personio career page to fill in the application form.
To apply, candidates will be forwarded to the Personio career page to fill in your customized Personio application form with their data and upload the necessary application documents. All provided data and documents will be sent to Personio, creating a candidate profile that gets assigned to the corresponding job.
Option four: Connect via XML and API
If you only want to use your corporate career page without activating the Personio career page, you can use the XML interface described above, and send data to Personio through an API. With this option:
- The API will send your candidate data to your Personio account, without the need for a Personio career page.
- Your jobs' application form will keep your corporate design.
- Your candidates will stay in your corporate career page throughout the application.
When considering this option, note the following:
- This is the only option where the Personio career page needs to be deactivated in the Recruiting Settings and does not need to be configured.
- The Personio Recruiting API will only accept candidates for jobs published in Personio.
- Make sure that you have sufficient internal development capabilities to set up the required XML interface and API to use your own corporate career page. Our Developer Hub contains comprehensive documentation of all parameters and endpoints, as well as informative technical tutorials.
When candidates apply for a job, you must provide them with an application form where they can add their data and all relevant application documents. This way, applications will automatically create a candidate profile with the provided data in Personio, and will be assigned to the corresponding job.
Learn more about the Personio Recruiting API .
You are ready to move on and create your Personio career page.