This is step 5 of 9 of the implementation module Recruiting.
Once you have created your career page, and set up your candidate communication, you can create jobs in Personio and then promote them on your career page or on external channels such as job boards.
What are the benefits?
- Save time and increase consistency: Creating jobs in Personio and then sharing this same information on different job boards saves time because you don't need to manually create the different postings. It also ensures that you always provide the same and consistent information in your postings.
- Increase the visibility of your jobs: Automatically post jobs on a variety of job boards for free, using Personio's auto-posting functionality.
- Analyze channel performance: Compare the performance of different channels within Personio to improve your job promotion strategy.
Step 1: Create a new job
Before you can publish a vacancy on your career page or promote it on external job boards, you need to create the job in Personio. The job is the basis for all recruiting activities in Personio.
To create a new job, follow these steps:
Navigate to Recruiting > Jobs.
Click on Create job and enter the job title, select the desired start date and, optionally, enter an opening title.
- Click Next, and select the required information from the different drop-down menus. All fields that are not marked as optional have to be filled in before you can publish the job. You can also post your job in several locations by selecting multiple offices. Then click Next.
- In Job description, add your job name and fill in the description of the job. You will be prompted to select the default language in which the description should be displayed on the Personio career page. Learn more on how to write a good job description.
- If you prefer not to include all the job description fields in your posting, simply leave the fields blank that are not mandatory and that you don't require. The About us section is added by default to every job. To edit this section, go to Settings > Recruiting > Recruiting > Career page > Translations.
- You can also add translations by clicking on Manage languages. The language will only become available on the Personio career page if a translation was provided for all required job description fields. Learn more about Personio Career Page: Language Handling.
- Click Next. In Hiring Plan, add the employees who will take part of the hiring process. Select the individuals to add and their roles in the two dropdown menus.
- Click Next. In Promotion, click on Publish to preview your article and see on which job boards your job will be published via auto-posting.
- Click Publish to publish your job on the Personio career page.
If you delete the text from the job's Description tab, the status of the job will change to Draft, and it will no longer appear on your Personio career page.
Step 2: Promote a job
Once your job is published, you will be able to promote it on job boards. You can see the different options provided by Personio in the Promotion tab directly after publishing your job, or alternatively in your job details.
You can publish your job on your Personio career page, advertise it on external job boards, and use tracking links for external recruiting channels. You also have access to an overview of all your postings and can track where applications come from.
Option 1: Publish jobs on the Personio career page
You can publish jobs on your Personio career page.
To do so, you need to:
- Configure your Personio career page and publish it. You should have done so in the previous step, Set up the Personio career page.
- Create a new job in Personio and publish it. The job will then be immediately published on your Personio career page under myaccount.jobs.personio.de.
To promote jobs on your own corporate career page, you have different options (link, iframe, XML, API). Learn more about Options to connect your career page to Personio (Implementation).
Option 2: Publish jobs on external job boards via multiposting
Once you have created a job in Personio, you can post the job on external job boards to attract candidates. To facilitate the easy posting of your vacancies across different job boards, we work with GoHiring, our partner for the promotion of jobs. The multiposting feature offers a variety of free and premium job boards and posting types. Here you can find a list of all available job boards.
Personio multiposting offers the following benefits:
- Personio will transfer the data of your job to GoHiring, who forwards it to all the selected job boards without you having to manually create an external posting on each job board.
- Manage all job promotions in one place.
- Automatic tracking of jobs and candidates.
With Personio multiposting, you have different options to book the job's external promotion:
- You can book boards separately depending on your needs.
- You can take advantage of the Personio Posting Bundles. These bundles are cost-saving promoting packages with specific amounts of postings on specific job boards that are tailored to your needs. Learn more about Personio Posting Bundles to promote jobs via multiposting.
- If you already have contracts in place with external job boards, you can store these frame contracts in Personio and use them with the multiposting feature. Personio will then not calculate any further charges for the respective job board, and the billing for the postings will take place between you and the job board. Learn how to Store frame contracts with external job boards in Personio.
▶︎ If your job has multiple locations, an icon will appear next to job boards supporting this feature. The main location will be displayed by default, and additional locations will follow, separated by commas.
▶︎ Every job board supports multiple locations differently. If a job board does not support this feature, create a job for each location to promote it.
▶︎ For the job to be promoted, the additional locations must be less than 255 characters.
Learn how to use Personio multiposting to promote jobs on external job boards.
Option 3: Publish jobs on external job boards via auto-posting
Job auto-posting is a feature that you can activate on an account-level, not on a job-level. When auto-posting is activated for your account, every existing and new job that is published in Personio is automatically posted on a range of job boards for free. This enables your jobs to achieve a wider reach, especially internationally, and automates the process of posting a job on a selection of platforms.
The free versions of LinkedIn and Indeed that are included in the auto-posting feature will not have the same reach as paid postings. Sponsored postings rank higher in keywords with postings from competitors, which is why organic postings can quickly lose visibility. Therefore, we still recommend using the paid promote feature to achieve the same results.
The following job boards can be selected for auto-posting:
- Indeed (all jobs posted on Indeed are also posted automatically on Glassdoor, SimplyHired, and Resume.com)
▶︎ If your job has multiple locations, the main location will be displayed by default, and additional locations will follow, separated by commas.
▶︎ Every job board supports multiple locations differently.
▶︎ For the job to be published, the additional locations must be less than 255 characters.
Learn how to activate Job Auto-Posting.
Option 4: Promote without Personio – use tracking links
If you promote a job on an external job board outside Personio (without using Personio's Promote function), you can create a tracking link in Personio for the job, and store the link in the posting of the job board. The tracking links direct candidates to the Personio application form and allow you to track which channel the respective candidate used to access the posting. You can then use this information to analyze the Channel performance.
For further information and detailed instructions on how to set up new recruiting channels and how to create and use tracking links, see Using tracking links for external recruiting channels.
Check if everything is set up correctly in Quality check: Career page and jobs before moving on to the next module.